What's new

Sterling thimble

streakert

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
414
Reaction score
500
Golden Thread
0
Location
central Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Minelab CTX 3030,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6" coil, slow paid off round two on the front yard where I found my Powder Flask,
 
Upvote 6
Forgot to post pics
 

Attachments

  • 1450472520556.webp
    1450472520556.webp
    86.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 1450472531788.webp
    1450472531788.webp
    119.1 KB · Views: 170
Nice, I found a fragment of one of those one time
 
Nice thimble still don't have one in silver form congratulations
 
that' nice I've found a lot of thimbles, but no silver ones congrats
 
Looks to be in good condition too! Very nice find:icon_thumright:
 
Cleaned up well
 

Attachments

  • 1450477696564.webp
    1450477696564.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 142
Very nice thimble, looks to be in great shape! Minelab + low + slow = Lots of Goodies
 
Very nice. Sterling thimbles are always fun to dig.
 
Great shape it's in and the lucky number 7, congrats on the beauty.
It's sort of still on the want list for me also even though I dug one sterling thimble stuck inside another a few years ago in England, pretty beat up though but a cool recovery been Georgian.
 
Congrats! That's an Awesome silver thimble! I have been lucky enough to have dug two. The history behind them is pretty cool. Sometimes they would cut off the bottom and use them as a wedding band.
 
Congrats! That's an Awesome silver thimble! I have been lucky enough to have dug two. The history behind them is pretty cool. Sometimes they would cut off the bottom and use them as a wedding band.

My fiance just poo pooed the idea,
 
Congrats! That's an Awesome silver thimble! I have been lucky enough to have dug two. The history behind them is pretty cool. Sometimes they would cut off the bottom and use them as a wedding band.

That is an interesting tidbit, as the only one I found was "cutoff" from the bottom, and just about the right width ? it was also crushed. May I ask where you heard this information ?

Thanks.
 
Nice find, A nice one is on my top ten list.
You are lucky to find it, and maybe even luckier that there is no damage.
Congrats.

As I stated in next post up my only silver thimble is just a crushed piece of one.
 
A nice sterling thimble you have dug there.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom