What's new

Steve (Buried Crap NJ.) scores gold on a sanded in beach....(video)

Surfdigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I got out with Steve earlier this week on one of our badly sanded beaches.....we had had a small coastal go through the night before and it just wasn't long enough to take enough sand away where we needed it to to start producing below the tide line....We had a great time though....dug some targets and Steve dug a nice bonus !!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting. Nice video, good information and nice gold to boot. Beats what I have been finding but I will be back out there again on Monday, even if the tides are not being cooperative. HH, Papa
 
Thanks for the great video! I personally would not call that beach sanded in at all. At least you were finding stuff to dig.
 
I got out with Steve earlier this week on one of our badly sanded beaches.....we had had a small coastal go through the night before and it just wasn't long enough to take enough sand away where we needed it to to start producing below the tide line....We had a great time though....dug some targets and Steve dug a nice bonus !!


Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your videos. They are very helpful. Just was wondering how you decide between taking out the Excal vs. the Sov?
 
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your videos. They are very helpful. Just was wondering how you decide between taking out the Excal vs. the Sov?

I use my trusty Excalibur1000 in most beach hunting situations.... I mostly hunt below the tide line so the waterproof housing just makes that machine that much more durable in that environment.... my Sovereign GT I use for special situations like what I need to attach a small coil for hunting in extremely on iron infested situations..... I also like to use it in situations where Hunting with a large coil is the best choice.... but I would say for 85 percent of my beach and surf hunting needs it's definitely my trusty Excal !!
 
Great vid SD, Nice catch on the treasure also....:icon_thumright:.
 
I use my trusty Excalibur1000 in most beach hunting situations.... I mostly hunt below the tide line so the waterproof housing just makes that machine that much more durable in that environment.... my Sovereign GT I use for special situations like what I need to attach a small coil for hunting in extremely on iron infested situations..... I also like to use it in situations where Hunting with a large coil is the best choice.... but I would say for 85 percent of my beach and surf hunting needs it's definitely my trusty Excal !!

Thanks! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom