Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy,print em up(or freehand) secure to MD w/clear scotch tape.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
factory screen protector is all i see too. But will follow this guy, fun to watch.

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I bought my detector from Docs and he sent me the padded cover as a gift and i never opened the screen protectors..

Yes I enjoy watching him he has some great info for new guys and old

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, I bought my detector from Docs and he sent me the padded cover as a gift and i never opened the screen protectors..

Yes I enjoy watching him he has some great info for new guys and old
I like him because he hunts similar places to me, & does a lot of historic research. Been subbed to his channel for a while now.

OP
OP
Toecutter

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like him because he hunts similar places to me, & does a lot of historic research. Been subbed to his channel for a while now.

Yes alot of his locations are similar to mine as well, Michigan doesn't have the history though..

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes alot of his locations are similar to mine as well, Michigan doesn't have the history though..

It surely ain't as old, and it may not be a significant, but I'm honestly quite happy with the history available in Michigan.

Quite often I detect places that have fun stories. Mobsters, loggers, rich and famous, ghost towns, homesteads, tourism. Hundreds upon hundreds of places dating maybe 1865-1964

I forgot military back to World War One.

Last edited:

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
French Colonial Michigan
​​When France Claimed Michigan
1608-1763:thumbsup:

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
French Colonial Michigan
​​When France Claimed Michigan
1608-1763:thumbsup:

Yeh, kinda forgot about that. Was some fur trade action too.

I think this weekend I'm gonna try to hit the homestead of Arnold, a black dude, born free in Virginia 1828, fought in the civil war enlisted 1864 in the 6th U.S. Colored Infantry, served 14 months. Settled on 160 acres here in Michigan with his wife Mary, and children Robert, Arnold, and Anna. Died 1899, oddly the death certificate is signed by my old ladies relative too. His wife Mary remained at the house until her death in 1911. Mary and Arnold are buried in a local township cemetery. Sometime around 1890, the land was split and Robert build his home on the south 80. The land remained in their names until at least 1945, but the homes were gone by 1954. All that remains are some fruit trees, lilacs, walnut trees, and cellar holes.

Not a big time history story, but a fun bit of research, and plenty to get the juices flowing. There's another homestead right across the road, and 10 more just to the south that I haven't gotten into yet.

It's here, just gotta look for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread