What's new

Still Pulling Good Finds - 2 Silvers !

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,306
Reaction score
48,543
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, what can I say, Cru'Dad pulled it out the bag yesterday. Here is his email;

Went out today on (Deleted Farm name) to check the bird cover – still rough.
So went for a wander over 4 tyre tracks near the Duck Decoy end of our field C2A. First run – a Celtic Horseman brooch with a small amount of blue & red enamel showing, Second run a bronze Victory left, Third run ¾ of a debased silver of Antoninus Pius and a black denarius of Commodus and fourth run just debris. Also got a couple of pistol shots, 2 buttons, 2 small bits of lead and a bent modern buckle frame.



To get 2 silver & a rare brooch off 4 tyre tracks on a field I covered before planting is mad. I had none & I covered most of the field!

Today was pretty good as well, we are doing some fallow land on a Roman Site we have hammered.
I thought a little outside the box & decided to cover the track that we drive on. Glad I did, because near where we would park up the car I got the Roman Weight!

Today;

3 Roman Bronze Coins
18th C Knee Buckle
Tudor Button
18th C Medicine Weight
Byzantine Weight (5th-9th C) - This is my first Byzantine find, as the Romans left in 410AD. Some think that the Vikings brought them over as Bullion Weights!!!:headbang:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    134.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    146.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    74 KB · Views: 113
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    69.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 1a.webp
    1a.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Upvote 22
That brooch is a spectacular find, rare and lovely piece, congrats.
 
Fantastic brooch! :icon_thumleft: That poor Commodus, went completely black...
 
Congratz to Cru'Dad! That's some crazy finds!
 
Congrats on your first Byzantine find, and the Roman silvers. Sigh, why the hell didn't I stay on your side of the pond.
 
Lovely horse and rider brooch:thumbsup: the bullion weights can often be found mounted in Viking lead gaming pieces, another great find.:thumbsup:

SS
 
3 scrappies added to top.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom