🥇 BANNER Still Shaking! Found a few Morgan Silver Dollars

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Upvote 194

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. A belated, but hearty, congrats on this cache find and obvious banner. It is very interesting to me that so many New Orleans mint coins comprise this cache. At the time these were buried, I believe most coins in actual circulation were from the most local mint - in this case Philadelphia. One of the great things about a find like this is the sense of wonder about it. I wonder if someone moved north from the south where O mint dollars would have been more prevalent and might have had some temporary or uncertain housing. Who knows?

I have been reading Q David Bowers' massive book - "Lost and Found Coin Hoards and Treasures", second edition, 2019. IMHO, I seriously believe that your find is worthy of inclusion in the next edition of this book.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14::occasion14::headbang::headbang::notworthy::notworthy::occasion18::occasion18: You gave all of us hope for 2021!!! Way to go Terry!!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to kick off the new year and that's a Bucket Lister :notworthy: Thanks for sharing what we all hope to achieve one day in one way or another.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unbelievable! Way to go! You have set the bar quite high my friend. Big time gratz

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Terry, That is a fantastic find! Kind of hard to find something to say that everyone else hasn't already said. Congrats on the find for sure and bet those will look great in a shadow box! Hope there's more where those came from!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Congrats Terry,

Well deserved banner votes. I dug a cache of 3 Morgans and a peace dollar maybe 4 or 5 years back.

Super exciting moment I know the feeling.

Jer

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry , I also share your love of a good single malt
and I too would be contemplating the special event that happened to you - with coins in hand . You have a memory now that is the real treasure in this story ! That is treasure !!

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic find, made me feel 17 again just watching it. It seems to me that unless the person that buried it was a real lunkhead, there must have been something there back then to serve as a marker, a fence post or giant tree or some huge stone or something.

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That....Is why most of us love detecting. There is always the possibility of something truly amazing passing under your coil. Congratulations on this sensational find, and on the BANNER!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While tarry I mean what is there left to say a cache of silver dollars dug up Hass to be everybody’s dream I’d say more than a gold coin and I loved the video “Oh my god oh my god oh my god” lol truly a once in a lifetime if you’re lucky and you deserved it. I’m so happy for you you were blessed [emoji1317]

BANNER!!!!!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOLY COW that is SO awesome! Huge congrats to you!

holy cow.jpg

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an awesome find. Now go find the other jars they buried.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
"Fantastic" is just not a sufficient word for this Terry! "Outstanding" falls short as well.

A sincere salute of congratulations my friend. :occasion14:

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Well I am late to the Silver Dollar Party, but what an Awesome Cache of coins!!!! And huge CONGRATS to you Terry for finding those and making the Banner !!!!!!

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATULATIONS isn't enough but it's a start!!
Been reading all 8 pages of congratulations and exclamations and realized my jaw was resting on the desk and I needed to breath.

Simply Amazing Find!!! Those 4 key dates will look good in your display or the auction block if you take that route.

Royn2751

Jan 14, 2017
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your mind blowing discovery. The moment when you realize that you've made a great find and the adrenaline starts pumping and the endorphins start flowing is the moment that we all relish.
In that moment the heat, cold, rain, bugs etc. all evaporate and there is a blue sky, warm sun and all is right in the universe.
What a great hobby.
What a great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions