🥇 BANNER Still Shaking! Found a few Morgan Silver Dollars

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Upvote 194

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Terry, can you post a close up front and revers of the most valuable coins I like silver dollars and I have found only since 1979, they are hard to find. Would you be interested in selling any ... 1 is good 26 is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Terry!!!! Very inspirational! You never know what you can find under the ground

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though you've a great find, I certainly wouldn't be so trusting as to plaster it here as now the IRS and potential thieves know what you've got.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DK: Thank you! You know you found something special when you are featured on Adventures in Dirt!:occasion14:

Gare: No, just an old Sony Handycam :occasion14:

Hunter1805: When I get them back I'll post them up. Those coins are spoken for already, but if I decide to sell any I'll let you know. My plan for now is to put most of them in a shadow box type display.:occasion14:

Swaveab: I appreciate your concern. The IRS has to fight with my Ex-wives over a cut, so they usually don't bother. :laughing7:

Once again, THANK YOU to all of you for the kind words and congratulations. You all just blow me away!:notworthy:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're going back to that site with an excavator right?

laughing11.gif

Congrats Terry!! :headbang:
25-year-old Macallan Whisky...... Oh yeh....

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Booyahh!! Way to go Terry, amazing find that would give me a heart attack for sure!

Thanks for the great video as well, you did a great job of producing it.

All the best,

Lanny

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats Terry, really has me stoked, when those coins were buried or hidden, possibly
in or around the old school or one of it's out buildings, the jar probably had a lid on it
and later on tearing the school down, or possibly even weather events dislodged the lid
and possibly scattered some more coins, i believe that more research and more searching
are in order, did you find out anything about the jar itself, may have a story all it's own.
Anyway great find, hope you have many more BIG SCOTT

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got into the woods here in White Plains, looking for an old school house from the 1905 - 1920 era, that was supposed to have been built on top of an older school from the 1800s. I had been out for about an hour before it started raining a bit of ice/sleet, when I got a deep bouncing 34, 36, 37, in Artifact mode. Honestly I almost didn't dig it because I guessed it was big, deep, iron, but I was getting ready to call it a day and hadn't filmed a dig yet. Glad I Dug It! I made an appointment to see a coin guy in Greenwich, tomorrow so I can get them appraised. I am super stoked!!!!:headbang::hello2:

Holy Hell Terry! Congrats on those awesome silvers!

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just watched your video and got excited myself! Great find and congrats!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
holy moly! amazing!

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good time, glad you got out...:laughing7:

Amazing find of a lifetime Terry, I could feel your blood pressure just by watching the video, holy carp man! Musta been a hard night to get any sleep just wondering what else is still out there. Now you've got to grid the place cuz where's there's one...

Congratz on the banner as well!

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Congrats man on the find and the banner!
We are all very happy that you didn't get a heartattack there!!!

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesomely amazing find !! I don't know how I would react to a find like that but I know it would include some kind of old man happy dance. Congrats on the cache !!!

Plazz58

Jul 23, 2020
Yonkers NY
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Terry I am still excited for you I can't wait for the snow and ground to thaw so we can go out again great find my friend

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So exciting every time I watch this!!! Incredible!!! Congrats!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions