Stolen Pictograph of Earth Medicine Man

thCA0AG4B8.jpggo ask people who live like this for your answer.

Hello Donald
When I was about nine years old, my step-father was a driller on the Salt River Canyon road job and we spent the summer carring a gal. can with holes and cow chips burning in it, to keep the No-see-ums away. One week end we stayed up there and did some sight seeing when we found a wicky-up and looked inside, Ooops, they where not home, but all their stuff was, we got out of there fast. FEMF

For the benefit of the uninitiated:
Mad Machinist: "I understand binary just fine"
Springfield: "I would guess you realize that most of the posts here are horse hockey."
Jason: "Yes, they are mostly garbage"

*chuckles*

Last edited:
Now don't go banging your head against the wall like you did back on #71 - that can cause permanent damage.

OK - sorry, got distracted with an interesting interlude with arctodus, then a bit of fun with a couple of wise guys.

So, back to your expertise. Why is that petroglyph called 'Earth Medicine Man'? Who determined that? When was its location documented by whitey? Do we know for sure it's a genuine native carving? If so, how do we know that? When you say 'Arizona's history' are you beginning at the Territorial period and coming forward, or are you extending indefinitely into the past?

Springfield,

Hard to see why any of your questions are pertinent. FEMF started out by saying she believed it was "Earth Medicine Man". The real problem is that non-professionals will destroy many sites in their attempts to find.....treasures or something worth $$$$$.

Take care,

Joe

Springfield
Good questions, Wiseguy, But ya got no snap, and I don't care what ya think.
FEMF

Joe
I'm a ex-grunt, any idea what a REMF is? No, you don't! So it don't mean anything to anybody but Grunt's.
FEMF

Last edited:
Springfield
FEMF

Joe
I'm a ex-grunt, any idea what a REMF is? No, you don't! So it don't mean anything to anybody but Grunt's.
FEMF

FEMF,

I have read Clancy, but I have also been under enemy fire. Wasn't a "Grunt" but I was doing grunt duty.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

I
Those people are all dead and aren't on the forum. You say you're an expert. I'm asking you.

Springfield,

Don't recall Donald writing that he is "an expert". On the other hand, I have talked to his professor at NAU and she told me he was a very "gifted" student. "Donald Peterson was a Master's student in NAU's History program years ago, and I was his advisor."

Professor Deeds is no longer at NAU and is living in Mexico. Believe she is gathering material for another book.

Personally, I hold her in high regard for her knowledge and experience. I will take her word about Donald, even though he and I went down some pretty bad roads in our first contacts. I was dead wrong in my assessment of his abilities and education.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:
how embarrassing joe...
thank you.

Donald,

No need for thanks nor for you to be embarrassed. It's never too late to speak or write the truth. We both speak our minds and what we believe to be the truth. That does not always set well with everyone, so we pick up some flack along the way. In some cases it's pure hate.

Take care,

Joe

Springfield,

Hard to see why any of your questions are pertinent. FEMF started out by saying she believed it was "Earth Medicine Man". The real problem is that non-professionals will destroy many sites in their attempts to find.....treasures or something worth $$$$$.

Take care,

Joe

If those questions aren't pertinent to the history of the rock, then why should we care if the rock was removed? I think the images are interesting and I'd like to know their meaning and importance.

As far as non-professionals destroying sites looking for something of value, you're on the verge of opening a rather huge can of worms. You might review the first two paragraphs in post #70.

By the way, out of curiosity, how would you feel about somebody reproducing Native petroglyhs on unmarked basalt?

Springfield
FEMF

You started this thread, so, back to Square 1: why was that petroglyph so important? Was it more important than a perfect obsidian arrowhead sticking out of the dirt? A 45-70 cartridge at the foot of a rock overhang? An old bridle bit on the side of the trail? How about the Peralta Stones?

sorry...I am done being insulted by someone who can not even understand my posts.

just because you don't understand, does not mean I am stupid...
have a nice day...

You and I have been down this road before. You make a statement ... I call you on it ... you get insulted anyone would dare question you ... you leave.

You started this thread, so, back to Square 1: why was that petroglyph so important? Was it more important than a perfect obsidian arrowhead sticking out of the dirt? A 45-70 cartridge at the foot of a rock overhang? An old bridle bit on the side of the trail? How about the Peralta Stones?

Springfield
I'm nobody, and what I have to say about the Rock means nothing! I'm just looking for it's return, and asking for everyone to keep an eye out for it. If anyone happens too see it, call Scott Wood at Tonto National Forestry. Thank You All!
FEMF

Hello Joe
I don't have any idea who Clancy Is, or was? That's Cool, you've had your face in the mud Joe, you know real hardship then! Sorry about that Joe, what was your MOS?
Thanks, FEMF

Hello Joe
I don't have any idea who Clancy Is, or was? That's Cool, you've had your face in the mud Joe, you know real hardship then! Sorry about that Joe, what was your MOS?
Thanks, FEMF

FEMF,

I don't equate what I did in Vietnam, to what you did. I was in the Navy, and was assigned to a security force for a supply camp across the river from Da Nang. My first night on the perimeter was Christmas Eve. It was raining and a muddy mess in the foxhole. We did patrols around the camp and went after snipers on Monkey Mountain. It was Disneyland compared to what the real grunts went through.

You should read Tom Clancy, he's a good author. I have been face down in the dirt with a solid line of tracers above me, while there.

All in all, it was not that much of a hardship.

Thank you for your service,

Joe

FEMF,

I don't equate what I did in Vietnam, to what you did. I was in the Navy, and was assigned to a security force for a supply camp across the river from Da Nang. My first night on the perimeter was Christmas Eve. It was raining and a muddy mess in the foxhole. We did patrols around the camp and went after snipers on Monkey Mountain. It was Disneyland compared to what the real grunts went through.

You should read Tom Clancy, he's a good author. I have been face down in the dirt with a solid line of tracers above me, while there.

All in all, it was not that much of a hardship.

Thank you for your service,

Joe

Morning Joe
Thank you, I was there in 71 & 72 at the end. Seen The Bob Hope show in Da Nang, was going to the 101 ABN, but they where standing down so they sent me south to the 1st Cav. 1/7, D company as a 60 gunner. The thing I'm most proud of, is after trying so hard for a body count, I never killed anyone, the 60 is always protected by the firer teams, it's their fire power. But my people where in my line of fire, or on the otherside of my target. You'll never know how bad I wanted to pull that trigger, Joe. I Thank our Lord I didn't! But I would have, and still would if called on. But, No I'm no Hero, was a Fool as most young guy's are. Can you be a deer hunter, if you've never killed a deer? Don't want to be. I'm heading North out of this heat, Have a good one. FEMF
P.S. Thank you Joe, for your service, too. None of us where thanked back then, and it just came to be excepted!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back