Stolen Street light wire?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read in our local paper recently that 7 years ago (maybe organized crime) Stole an est, 7-9 miles of overhead interstate street lights , these lights are the type with 2 lamps on one pole & are located on/in the median wall of I 75 with 6-8 lanes each for NB & Southbound traffic .

How can this happen ? I would assume the wiring is also in the median with light poles every est, 150 feet. & The Road has had cameras for over 15 years.

They stated it will be hard to repair the lights cause of the damage done to them when their wiring was stolen.

If the Wiring for the lights was on the shoulder of the road then it seems somehow a connection to each pole would have to run under the 6-8 lanes & imo would seem wasteful.

How they got away with this even 7 years ago amazes me.

Also imo they have been out longer than 7 years.???

The paper also stated that the wire was likely Sold......Daaaaaaaaa.

Gotta love those Honest Yards that but such wire, unless shipped strait to China.
Davers:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's messed up!

What I'm talking about was Wire to power the I-75 Interstate Lights on the 6 ft Concrete median Wall. Just a Quarter mile out side the Atlanta City limits & Patrolled Constantly by Georgia State Patrol, Marietta City Police, Cobb Co, Police & The Dept of Public Safety, -(who concentrate mostly on Commercial Trucks).
These guy's have Balls!. Those guy's in your area making over $100.000 a year. Not Bad, & likely get Government money as well. GOTTA LOVE AMERICA !

Have a Good one up there in MI.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread