What's new

Stone artifact (Scraping tool)

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted this thread where I was supposed to and, they must be sleeping or hung over because I only got a couple of responses. Does any one know, if this may be a stone tool? It was found on a hillside in Wartrace TN. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    27 KB · Views: 600
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 473
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 453
  • 010.webp
    010.webp
    27 KB · Views: 430
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 436
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 423
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 423
Re: Stone artifact ID needed

In my untrained opinion I would say that is a stone tool, probably an axe of some sort. Great find.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Stone artifact ID needed

Yeah Brian, it just looks "too perfect" And it's still sharp. Pretty cool I think. Thanks for your opinion. Mike :)
 
Upvote 0
Re: Stone artifact ID needed

American Aboriginal stone tool(or a great copy of one), no doubt. Probably used as a hand held cutting/scraping tool. Too small and delicate to be used as an ax, celt, or cultivating tool. Great find!
 
Upvote 0
Re: Stone artifact ID needed

Buck Bagaw said:
American Aboriginal stone tool(or a great copy of one), no doubt. Probably used as a hand held cutting/scraping tool. Too small and delicate to be used as an ax, celt, or cultivating tool. Great find!

I agree with Buck, Scraper.

GG~
 
Upvote 0
This looks like an Indian celt used for scraping. Check eBay for a list of photos on objects very similar to yours. Nice find!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom