stone necklace i.d. or info needed

lerfds

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know anything about this necklace?
Ive been searching the net for hours and i cant find anything similar.
There is a tag but the first half is rusted and unreadable... The readable half sais "udee"
I want the stones/glass for other things but i dont want to destroy a rare/valueable/unique piece in the process.
I think the green stones are williamsite as they have the black crystals inside the stone and the same waxy look.

If anyone knows what the full name on the stamp might be, the types of stones used, an approx. age. Anything like that lemme know! :)

Attachments

• 20150909_194218.jpg
    20150909_194218.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20150909_194246.jpg
    20150909_194246.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WELCOME to the FORUM!

Can you see any part of any of the other letters?

:)
Breezie

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lerfds

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome and unfortunately not. Ive tried googling every letter of the alphabet before udee with no luck.
Being tagged like this i figured just typing udee stone necklace into google would work but i havent found anything with udee in the name.
Also i think the green stones are nephrite jade and the main stone is some sort of agate

If i had to guess i would say the letter before udee may be a G or C. With the rust its impossible to be certain

Last edited:
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
looks like something from "cookie lee" or "stella and dot", that style is pretty popular costume jewelry. A lot of vendors make them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lerfds

Greenie
Sep 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think it has any value? Can i take the stones for another project without ruining a valuable necklace?

Any thoughts on the "udee" stamped on the tag?

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the stones and beads ARE the value of this piece, so yeah, use them as you want to.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread