What's new

Stone tools or just rocks?

Wes213

Full Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
136
Reaction score
264
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these all the same spot and kept them because I thought they had similar shapes. I am not sure if they are tools of some sort or just rocks. I am not fishing for the "right answer". I have no problem putting them out in the garden, but before I do wanted to double check. Thanks! IMG_1828.webpIMG_1829.webpIMG_1830.webpIMG_1831.webp
 
Upvote 0
They have the general form of a large scraper. What do they look like on the side not showing?
 
Wes, they are more of the preist work. Those are showing more of the layout of the area. There are pointers as well. Use the light techniques on them. Once you learn it you will be amazed. Nice find. For the ones who don't know it . These are found a lot of times around Indian territories. The stones are markers and really should be left where they are found. Yes they left stones laying around. You should be able to see many effigies on those type stones. It's not your imagination as some would say. They use symbols and numbers that forms the pictures. They are pieces of art that is overlooked often. I don't worry about the naysayers on here. One day they will learn if they allow themselves too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
 
All I am seeing is natural rocks, nothing more.
 
Natural the material isnt something they would of used. 1st one has fractures in it and the 2nd one is sediment stone which is chalky inside
 
Can't Bob be removed from the Indian Artifact forum? His delusional ideas are detrimental to the site and make it hard for anyone to become educated on true artifacts. Not rocks that he thinks are magical Jesuit Stones. It's bad enough we have to suffer through others posting moderns as real or pieces from other countries as American.
 
Bob, what part keep jesuit rock comments out of Indian artifact forum is hard for you to understand. I will not ask again.
 
Well that was interesting��. Thanks to everyone who responded. As I do not collect Jesuit marker stones, I will be sure to put them back where I found them so as to not throw off the Jesuit hunters from finding the truth.
 
a good rule of thumb with stones of particular shapes is, if you are finding several that have a similar shape, but question if they are artifacts, then they aren't. I know i am not making much sense but look at it this way...say you find a rock (like that first one) that really looks good but you question it...and then a few more pop up with the same basic shape but are in no way an artifact...that lets you know the first one isn't either.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom