Stopped in colonial woods site ive been working before work 2 days. 2 spun back dandy buttons. Spoon handle, kg2 farthing an a pre prohibition flask.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been out much last two weeks but managed two 2 hour hunts in the old woods with homesites in it I've been working. Last post on it was with white plate of finds. Also included an updated photo of finds from this location.

May get it's own display box.

two hunts b4 work got me a
* flask pre prohibition
* kg2 farthing. A first for me. Not much on details but can see the II and bust if you side light it. Head of Britannia on back. Right size.
*pewter spoon handle
* tomback spunback dandy button
* very fragile white metal spunback with design. Won't clean it any more.

Attachments

• 20220827_104003.jpg
    20220827_104003.jpg
    963.3 KB · Views: 141
  • 20220827_103224.jpg
    20220827_103224.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 24
OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding
Congratulations on your nice recoveries
Thank you. It's pretty over grown in places at the moment. Plenty of open areas though. I'm sure come fall I'll be able to follow more of the narrow deer trails and find more. Finds in first photo are from one of the deer trails I braved. Tried another but got to point I and my detector were starting to get very tangled up in thorns ect.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. It's pretty over grown in places at the moment. Plenty of open areas though. I'm sure come fall I'll be able to follow more of the narrow deer trails and find more. Finds in first photo are from one of the deer trails I braved. Tried another but got to point I and my detector were starting to get very tangled up in thorns ect.
Best of Luck on your quest to continue to search deeper in that area.
Take care

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been out much last two weeks but managed two 2 hour hunts in the old woods with homesites in it I've been working. Last post on it was with white plate of finds. Also included an updated photo of finds from this location.

* flask pre prohibition
* kg2 farthing. A first for me. Not much on details but can see the II and bust if you side light it. Head of Britannia on back. Right size.
*pewter spoon handle
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I can't wait to see what else you find there!
Thank you. Was chasing a scratchy mid tone that ended up being chunk of horse shoe. But in process hit ash and little ceramic bits. So I'm curious if there's a little privy pit or trash pit near by. Need to get ahold of my friends probe. Most activity seems to be later 1700s up to Era of Indian heads in there. Other than a pocket knife and 1937 Washington dropped together there's not been anything modern but clad, 2 pieces of new stainless silverware and shotgun shells.

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

* flask pre prohibition
*pewter spoon handle
Beautiful coins and buttons! Well done!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread