What's new

Storm tonight, but spring is coming, proof.

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2007
Messages
1,053
Reaction score
1,565
Golden Thread
0
Location
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
Seems like we had been getting an inch of snow every other day here in Pa. Now they say maybe a foot or so tonight. But I have proof spring is on its way.
Last Wednesday night we had a black bear visit, Sunday I saw a bluebird, and the last two days.... flocks of geese flying north. Spring IS coming !!!
 
three feet of snow still on the ground
the black bears around here are still snoozing
you sure it wasn't big foot you saw
 
I really don't know how you guys can wait through all the weather, I guess I'm lucky being here on the west coast ........I just started a month ago, I know how I feel when I go out & can't go here, I wouldn't want to not be able to just go when you feel like going. I will be looking for some great pictures of all the stuff that's been burried under the snow.... Cliff
 
Seems like we had been getting an inch of snow every other day here in Pa. Now they say maybe a foot or so tonight. But I have proof spring is on its way.
Last Wednesday night we had a black bear visit, Sunday I saw a bluebird, and the last two days.... flocks of geese flying north. Spring IS coming !!!

I saw geese in Utica ny two days ago
 
Haven't seen ground since mid December and currently digging out from 10 inches overnight snow. But supposed to hit 40 next week, so spring is coming.
 
Black Bears been running around in Butler County Pa. for the past 2mos. But spring is on the way :occasion14:
 
metal_detector.gif
No snow yet and it is 35 degree's!
 
We had 5-6 inches of snow overnight. Everything sure is beautiful and peaceful here along the mountain. I guess I should clean the truck off and break trail outta here. My lane is a 1/4 mile long and I dont have a snow plow anymore. My buddy has been plowing for me the last few yrs. He is working now, driving a pretty red Sheetz fuel tanker(glad Im not him) heading toward WVA. These big March snows can get costly. In the 26 yrs Ive lived here along the mountain, We had four snows we couldnt plow. When it gets too deep there is no where to push it with all the trees. Twice they used a payloader($250) and twice a skid steer ($150). I wouldnt trade this spot for anything...right now I cant tell if the world is still out there....and thats fine with me
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom