Dan(NM)
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Dec 3, 2014
- Messages
- 1,790
- Reaction score
- 3,850
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Central Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
While hunting today, my threshold was interrupted by a high pitch tone that had nothing to do with a target. My threshold stopped and the high pitched tone lasted for a second or two and then the threshold came back to normal. My battery level was full, it wasn't an overload tone, it's a little hard to describe. I called Marty at Minelab he didn't have a clue other than maybe my battery voltage output was the problem. I'm running an RnB battery, but haven't tried the AA battery pack yet. Has anyone else encountered this. I had been planning to trade or sell the Etrac and go to either a CTX or Deus, but, I can't pass this situation on to someone else without knowing what in the world would cause it. It did it with 2 different coils, so, I don't think the coil had anything to do with it. I still have a couple of years of warranty on it, but, with the wait times, I'll wait until it gets worse or just live with it. Any input would be great.

It is the best thing since sliced bread and I've used one since they came out. Like you said, useless in hard rocky ground, but, I still use it like a normal probe after I hack the target out of bedrock like dirt. I think i figured out what the issue was, I was running my threshold tone as low as possible while running TTF. I raised the tone to as high as it would go and it never did it. Set my tone back down and bingo, did it again.






