What's new

Strange Dime Box

cuttybce

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western PA
I got the most unusual dime box yesterday....90% of it was 2010-P. What made it really strange was that the rolls were not solid '10's - 1 or 2 older stragglers would be in each roll. So I guess the 2010's are becoming common now?

The march to 250 silver dimes for the year continues.....36 left to go.

HH everybody, cuttybce
 
Upvote 0
You probably got a boundary box, when the rolling company dumps a new batch of dimes from the mint into the hopper, there is some old dimes from circulation in front of it, that is where mixing occurs

HH
-GC
 
cuttybce said:
I got the most unusual dime box yesterday....90% of it was 2010-P. What made it really strange was that the rolls were not solid '10's - 1 or 2 older stragglers would be in each roll. So I guess the 2010's are becoming common now?

The march to 250 silver dimes for the year continues.....36 left to go.

HH everybody, cuttybce

At the rate you are going I bet you do 500 plus for the year :icon_sunny:
HH
Rich
 
I did come across two keepers (both 64's).

This past weekend wasn't bad either - found a '59 silver Rosie in the return slot of two different Coinstar machines!
 
I know that the 2010 dimes are supposedly scarce, but yesterday I got one in change, and then I saw many more in the cashier's register. I wrangled two more from him, but he wouldn't give me any others, protesting that he needed them to give change to other customers. Well, I got three more in change today from the supermarket. I expect a flood of them any time now - anyone trying to sell rolls of them on eBay or elsewhere better do it now!

Oddly enough, along with the 2010 dime from yesterday, the cashier gave me a 1944 cent which still has mint luster on it. I was flabbergasted, and went back to the store to see if there were any more. Nope - all the other cents in the till were ordinary.
 
I recieved a similar box a week ago only it was 2010D :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom