Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange Piece o' Brass

Hello All. I found this item near a 1920's era grocery store in an old orange grove that was once behind it.

It's brass and ~3/16-IN thick. The "legs" on the backside are radiused at their ends and not threaded. The single "leg" is longer and thicker so it sits at an angle when placed on it's "legs". There is no engraving on it and the broken off post on the topside looks to be brass too.

I hate ever saying that "I have no idea" but in this case...well you know what I mean. LMK if you have any ideas about its age or use.

Thanks for the view and delightful digs to all. C9

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpg
    IMG_2856.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2858.jpg
    IMG_2858.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 80

Ammietuar

Sep 18, 2005
Suffolk UK
Detector(s) used
MXT/PI Pro/Garrett GS
At first I was thinking it was a key hole cover, but why the 2 extra posts right? So I'm thinking it still turned, but it was locked into something else, and there was a small handle on the post that is broken off. Maybe something like a piece on a fly fishing reel that would be between the handle itself and the spool. images76UWLARO.jpg Something like this, but where the handle is locked into the spool.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a chain link like on a bicycle or since you said it was in an orange grove maybe part from a pickers bag maybe some part to the buckle.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread