What's new

Strange two headed bronze

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY ONLY MACHINES
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
4,939
Reaction score
4,609
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same coin can't tell who is who ?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0669.webp
    IMG_0669.webp
    531.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0667.webp
    IMG_0667.webp
    439.1 KB · Views: 82
can't read it blown up... need better close up
 
I can try with a better pic, but to be honest I can't read the letters holding in my hands, it just worn down so much ..
 
close-up pictures. they are not dirty can't clean maybe these help to ID
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0685.webp
    IMG_0685.webp
    434 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0686.webp
    IMG_0686.webp
    489.8 KB · Views: 69
Many exist; even with both heads turned to the right.
Attributes to consider: Both are bearded, yet wear different headgear.
Don....
I noticed that, but one beard only appears to be a spear beard but not cheeks and mustache ?
 
Last edited:
Did what I could to try and bring the lettering out...

IMG_0686-2.webp
 
You asked: "Do you know of any two headed bronzes ?"
The answer is yes; and here is an example of one that features Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius. This may not be your exact coin, but I believe it's the right two monarchs.
Don in SoCal
 
Torrero,
Looking forward to your next coin challenge.
Don...
I've been out of town for a few days, so that's why you haven't heard from me !! 🤣
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom