What's new

Strange US army 1942 copper something.....

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ideas on this? Seems to be part of a WW2 stove?? First word trough Its about 9 inches long. Cant find anything on it.
 

Attachments

  • 20180527_155343.webp
    20180527_155343.webp
    662.7 KB · Views: 178
Thank you
 
Upvote 0
Anyone have any other thoughts on this?
 
Upvote 0
Does it say "trough. dough, Army. Field Bake Oven......." ? From what I can find it is a bread baking oven.
 
Upvote 0
Field Kitchen

I have a friend whose dad was in a field kitchen unit attached to the 82 Airborne. When they got an area secured enough for the kitchen the air corps would fly over and drop the whole thing, cooks, pots and pans appliances as well. I'm sure most of the appliances were tin so that might be why the tag is the only thing left, but it does seem a bit large.
 
Upvote 0
Am I the only one that thought that this looks like the pennies you crank out of the machines at amusement parks, etc? :)
 
Upvote 0
Could be! The pennies that you roll through penny press still look like pennies.
 
Upvote 0
Very cool Don. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom