Struck me as "funny"

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Struck me as "funny"

I was watching tv the other day and the show was Steve Wilkos (I think). I know, it's a no-brainer show but that's my mentality. Anyway, a guy and "lady" were arguing about something when the female said, "You're just trying to make me look stupid, yo". Don't know if I should have capitalized "Yo/yo" or not. Is yo a pronoun, adjective?? :dontknow: Found it funny!

Re: Struck me as "funny"

good question :dontknow:

Not sure what yo is? lol I think it's a noun could also be a pronoun?..........What do I know

Well, I know 'yo' as Spanish for 'me'. 'Yo-yo', is an endearing term sometimes used for our friends across the ocean. As in 'Metal Mania, you Yo-yo!'

Hope this helps, it's from my onboard dictionary:

yo 1 |yō|
exclamation informal
used to greet someone, attract their attention, or express excitement.

ORIGIN natural exclamation: first recorded in late Middle English .

yo 2 |joʊ|
pronoun nonstandard spelling of you , used to represent black English.

possessive adjective nonstandard spelling of your , used to represent black English.

So, what she actually said was, "You're just trying to make me look stupid, you"? ;D

Another bit of info which might apply, the parting saying I give to the daytime supervisor comin in, "AMF YOYO". 'Adios :nono: you're on your own.' Pretty much says it all. Fell free to use that as it may apply.

who knows what the heck young'ins are saying nowadays. slang rules and YUCK --LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back