Struggles with Purchase.

BrianMiller8

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2016
Oregon Visting
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter, XP Deus, Fisher F22, Garrett ACE 250, CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I am planning on having time off work here soon and going to Metal Detect a lot more, I have a few Metal Detectors but I have been thinking about getting the Minelab CTX 3030 and the Garrett ATX... do you think these go great together? I been hearing a lot about these too in the Metal Detecting world... there very known, very reliable, barely anyone has issues with either...

So where I will be Detecting..... Everywhere.

I heard the ATX is more focused on Gold than anything so cool my ATX as my Gold main, my CTX as everything else? (price of $5000) or I could spend ($5000) and just get the GPX 5000 which is ONLY focused on Gold.

OP
OP
B

BrianMiller8

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2016
Oregon Visting
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know if there too good with Salt water though so I these wont be my "main" for beaches and underwater... I would get the Excal if I was to use anything underwater I am sure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX30 is great land and salt water beach detector. It is FBS, using 28 freqs... Garrett ATX is a pulse detector, it has no discrimination and it is very heavy and like any pulse detector it can be used on saltwater beaches but will not know the difference between a gold ring or a nail

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BrianMiller check your pm.

Last edited:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the CTX 3030.
It seems to be the weapon of choice in NYC parks.
It will go deep, gives good separation, discrimination, is well balanced, and you don't have to worry about getting it wet. I use the Excalibur in salt water.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you considered the XP Deus? I have heard a lot of good and very little negative about it. I am strongly thinking about getting one. I hunt mostly fields and old home sites.

OP
OP
B

BrianMiller8

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2016
Oregon Visting
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the comments guys, I will be looking forward to the CTX. Any advice on if I should upgrade my CTX when I purchase this? should I invest in a better deeper coil? (Like Cameras you buy a Cannon you never go with the stock take that off throw it its the worse lens you can use, go buy a real lens ASAP) I know there not Cameras but you get my point... not always do you want to use "Stock". Does the CTX come with just Stock coils or is it perfect how it comes.... also I heard of many reviews of Leaks... and corrosion but I have also heard there was a new model CTX that comes with an more advanced gasket and arm piece so I will make sure I get the newest one of course.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How come I am completely confused? His profile says he has a CTX already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread