studebaker token....any ideas?

S

sloppyfoos

Hello. I am new to metal detecting and got permission to hunt the yard of the first house that was built in our town. The owner said that it has been detected before in the past, but being that the house is built like a small mansion with a ballroom in the upstairs, I thought it would be neat to find anything halfway old in the yard. Within the first 30 minutes, I found a token thing about the size of a quarter, with the inside being a star. On the star it says Studebaker. I didn't know if it was an emblem at one time or part of a keychain. It was about 6 or 7 inches deep. I also found a ring with a huge purple stone it in. I am quite certain that the purple stone is fake, but the inside of the ring says Sterling, and the detail work of the metal parts of the ring are amazing! It was dug at about 6 inches. Although I think it is a fancy fake ring, it is pretty neat to think that some lady all dressed up for the " ball " may have lost it decades ago while walikng down the old sidewalk path behind the mansion. Being jsut a newbie to this new hobby, it is fun to think about such things after discovering the items! Thanks for any advice on what the token may be. --Tim

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
It's even more interesting to think of the lady getting it on out there on the lawn after a night of drinking and dancing, and having the ring fall off from all the action. :-) I recently found an old Ford token from 1937, so yours may be a similar kind of promotional coin by Studebaker. Looks like the coin lasted much longer than the car line. :-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread