Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is turning out to be one of the greatest metal detecting finds I have made... treasure is where you find it this one just happens to be stunningly spectacular... if you watch the video when I found it it was so covered in dirt .. I knew it was a good piece just not how good.. an incredibly beautiful Victorian Era 1880’s or so Sapphire and Diamond brooch.. diamonds and sapphires have been authenticated by local jeweler.. the rim is very ornate sterling silver

All it’s found and taken with permission from owners of the property.

Attachments

• DDD7B4AF-7AFC-41CB-9C6E-48C385A1BDB0.jpeg
    DDD7B4AF-7AFC-41CB-9C6E-48C385A1BDB0.jpeg
    722 KB · Views: 113
  • A508722E-41A7-4E8C-8F84-403CA445E370.jpeg
    A508722E-41A7-4E8C-8F84-403CA445E370.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 19
Wow that is a nice find. And luckily it's only missing the one sapphire on the front side. Congratulations on an excellent save. :thumbsup:

Wow that is a nice find. And luckily it's only missing the one sapphire on the front side. Congratulations on an excellent save. :thumbsup:
Sadly it’s missing 2 sapphires now ... thought I would try to clean it better and was cleaning it over a sink with running water and I lost one more sapphire ... I spent hours looking for it.. to no avail ...lesson learned again on mypart:(

Congrats, that's a beauty!

Very Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

That's beautiful J.D. ... Back in 2013, I found a ring that matches it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 9.48.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 9.48.34 AM.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 50
Awesome ! I would Check the trap under the sink, I retrieved my wives diamond earring luckily that way---:occasion14:

Awesome find, since they are real precious stones, it'd be worth it to have a jeweler replace the lost stones. I assume it's just going to be a display piece in your collection, so replacing the stones isn't going to butt hurt any purists....

Also, banner nomination placed!

Last edited:
Awesome find, since they are real precious stones, it'd be worth it to have a jeweler replace the lost stones. I assume it's just going to be a display piece in your collection, so replacing the stones isn't going to butt hurt any purists....

Also, banner nomination placed!
Thank you very much!

Congrats you deserve it we all hunt hard for stuff like that Well done its a nice find

i found one similar with just sapphires in gold when I was a kid in the late 70s
was told it was called a "virgin" pin

Outstanding, BIG congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back