Successful day with ACE 250

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
The 250 will find coins if nothing else. I've had mine about 2 months and have found over 1000 coins just doing it in my spare time. I read your problems from your previous post and its good to see you coming around to the 250.

Yeah I am much more excited to use it, but only going to use it in high trash areas for clad. Since the depth sucks on it.

I don't know why you think the depth sucks? I can dig coins 6 to 8" with the stock coil and 10" with the big coil. I just bought an E-Trac a month ago and I'll put the Ace right there with it except where there is a lot of trash. If I didn't have some great spots with a lot of iron, I would never use anything but the Ace with the big coil. It paid for my E-track.

It's never once found me anything over 6" depth. I have to use 5 Sens. on it. If I do 6 - 8 it gives me nothing but false signals. But I do love the pinpoint on it.

Relichunter,
It is possible that you haven't passed the coil over a accepted target that was over 6 inches deep? Most targets are surface to 6 inches deep anyway. I have personally dug coin sized targets to 8 inches in my soil. Now this is running the Ace hot. Meaning a level of sensitivity that will produce some falsing. But still pretty stable. I don't hunt that way in all areas though. I'm satisfied with the 250's good ID to 6 inches. Keep up the great work using the 250!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back