Suction dredger Poe sued by Idaho Conservation League

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How to **** these people in the *** running sideways:

Hunters and fishermen's lead contribution to the waterways is leading to many endangered birds of prey to fall (deathly) ill due to lead poisoning through bio-concentration and the polluters have to start being liable for reclaimation of said lead discharges (into the very same waterways we can't dredge because of... "pollution") - a known pollutant that causes damage to organic tissues and has been banned in many products for this very reason as well as being removed from something like gasoline... Now either they can pay a fine/tax for their lead or remove it themselves or pay a steep fine for each fragment of lead found without a permit to pollute lead (that doesn't even sound sane - just get it banned and make them pay for steel or copper)... or just let dredgers remove it for them and drop the damn case.

You can also hit them from the medical angle and interfering with "the right to PURSUE happiness" however you have to prove your happiness is derived by the dredging process itself, providing health benefits similar to aquatic therapy given the average age of most dredgers... I think you'll find plenty to get behind a class action law suit with legitmate health issues that directly benefit from being in the water for extended periods or in some cases measured mental health benefits for those suffering PTSD or other more mild but disruptive mental health related ailments. This still leaves you open to them closing off gold bearing waterways, but at least you'd have some wiggle room. Now if you can prove the happiness is derived from the finding, and not sale of, gold and your pursuit includes the dredging process and tie it all in as a medical case... you'll find a lot of sympathy from a public perspective I think.

Idaho just got some straight up old *******s that don't want nobody in their fishing and hunting spots imo. :laughing7: :dontknow:

Last edited:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
saul2.jpg

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just to clarifying I enjoy hunting (with BOP albeit) and fishing... but I also do enjoy the idea of not eating the same lead that poisons the more lead sensitive BOP by just eating the very same fish and game.

Nobody wants to be eating lead, bio-concentrated or not. The solution seems like a nobrainer, who knows how deep this lawsuit actually goes and what it's really all about. Could just be a pure **** eating grudge match between lawyers lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread