Suggestions for Calabash about your last video- (bottlecap Dues II / Nox)

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just watched this-

Don't take this the wrong way.. but I have 2 suggestions-

#1- On the nox - don't compare by maxing the FE setting... instead- use the accept/reject setting to reject the bottle cap signal. It will notch it out just like many other detectors. Then retest.

#2- I would like to see you test the Dues II bottlecap next to something like an indian head penny, wheat penny.. various copper targets.

Thank you.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched this-

Don't take this the wrong way.. but I have 2 suggestions-

#1- On the nox - don't compare by maxing the FE setting... instead- use the accept/reject setting to reject the bottle cap signal. It will notch it out just like many other detectors. Then retest.

#2- I would like to see you test the Dues II bottlecap next to something like an indian head penny, wheat penny.. various copper targets.

Thank you.

So we know if you do that you lose all targets that fall in the notch out range....All this will require further investigation.

DIG5050

Apr 15, 2021
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Deus II 9”
Garrett Apex
Fisher 1236-X2
Fisher CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash, I dug 4 old bottle caps today along with some trash and coins. All of the caps dug were bent from using an opener, rusted, and some with the finned edge flattened under the round portion. I’m sure the soil surrounding the caps had the rust “halo” like a buried coin has. If you can, Test some caps like that too. Here in Ohio, that’s usually the caps they’re found. Your caps look pretty new. Can’t tell if they’re bent in the videos.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local beach hunter is bringing me some rusty caps.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great videos Calabash. I watched the beach test. Amazing on the gold chain. If you've got severe black sand on any of those beaches I would love to see a test there.

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing the Bottle Cap rejection setting on the Deus II is the same fliter / setting as the Silencer on the O.G. Deus?I'm guessing this because you can get the same results with the O.G. Deus if you turn the silencer up.....turn it all the way up and even the rusty caps disappear.....

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm guessing the Bottle Cap rejection setting on the Deus II is the same fliter / setting as the Silencer on the O.G. Deus?I'm guessing this because you can get the same results with the O.G. Deus if you turn the silencer up.....turn it all the way up and even the rusty caps disappear.....
Thought the same too, but I do still see the silencer feature in the ll alond with that BC feature. My worry is depth and actually hiding a good signal with another layering filter to contend with. Got my first Barber dime yesterday. 1912.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will require more testing..

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought the same too, but I do still see the silencer feature in the ll alond with that BC feature. My worry is depth and actually hiding a good signal with another layering filter to contend with. Got my first Barber dime yesterday. 1912.
I see...I did not know if the Deus II had the Silencer setting or not.....I suppose I'll have to order one!

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for all the videos you post....I know it's a lot of time and work editing and uploading!
What is interesting to is that the TX feature has been removed, Ive been told as the MF allows for great Depth. Calabash or John I think, is really showing some outstanding depth on that 9" coil. The XPD1 also gets good depth out here in the OKC area, Soil is mild, Best depth for me was a V Nickel at 12" in an old Park. Was using the HOT program(Gary Blackwells), 8KHz, Reac2 Silen-1. I remembered a vid Calabash put out warning of Silencer at Reac 2. It was a very iffy signal but no matter which way I turned on it, it was coming back the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions