Suggestions for Garretts AT Pro

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggestions for Garrett's AT Pro

While playing with the AT Pro I was thinking of how I would improve on it and came up with changes Garrett could make with this detector.

Granted fastening the coil cable and headphone plug could drive a person to use a different detector. These aren't designed by an engineer with big fingers or maybe plastic has gone up in price. It is extremely easy to get either of these plugs cross threaded because of the poor fit. Granted most hunters would only need to fasten them once, but what about using other coils.

I was wondering today why they placed the Headphone jack on the right side and front of the detector when most of us are right handed and this puts more strain on the cable. I used a snap tie to secure the cable to the handle to stop flexing.
Another suggestion I would make is to come out with an adapter so we can use premium headphones like the Grey Ghost underwater phones or land based Black Widow's.

What other suggestions do you have for Garrett to improve this AT PRO? I already thought of the cold beer spigot. :laughing7:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Re: Suggestions for Garrett's AT Pro

Sandman said:
I already thought of the cold beer spigot. :laughing7:

I Like the cold beer spigot idea......can't beat that suggestion :headbang:

Attachments

• th_BEER2.jpg
    th_BEER2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,670
  • th_BEER2.jpg
    th_BEER2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,688

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

The beer sounds good............ But i will probable never change coils on the AT Pro so that means i will not be buying coils for it.......... but if you go to texas premium detectors..... And click on..land & sea headphones he has the head phone adapters for the AT Pro.................... i think he is sold out now but will get more in.......... All the AT Pro buyers wiped him out.........thats www.texaspremiumdetectors.com

Attachments

• tn_adapt.jpg
    tn_adapt.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 1,932

Willy

I've never been fond of even the regular threaded coil couplers. A 'push 'n twist' system would be, IMO, much better. Ain't gonna happen 'cause it makes too much sense and we're dealing with inertia here. Relocating the headphone plug to the end of the control rod would be a bonus and I'd get rid of the standard mode. Also, the abilty to save changed settings in the non-custom modes. ..Willy.

Bearkat

Aug 12, 2007
Medford, Oregon
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Infinium LS/ Ace 250/ Scorpion Gold Stinger/AT Gold/AT Pro

"...because of the poor fit." Seems it is a perfect fit to me...nice and tight, not loose or cheap like some other brands out there.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

I have seen where a few folks extended the shaft to move the arm cuff further back. Since you did not mention this I guess it was not an issue for you.

The AT Pro is on my wish list and I am keeping up with comments on the unit.

Thanks for your suggested mods and comments.

Ray S ECenFL

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

Ray S ECenFL said:
I have seen where a few folks extended the shaft to move the arm cuff further back. Since you did not mention this I guess it was not an issue for you.

Ray S ECenFL
I got that gizmo mod for my AT Pro it works great...moves the arm cuff back makes the detector have good balance and does not feel coil heavy..............

Attachments

• !C!L0M!QBGk~$(KGrHqV,!l8Ez+2n8T-GBNB-sV75Og~~_3.jpg
    !C!L0M!QBGk~$(KGrHqV,!l8Ez+2n8T-GBNB-sV75Og~~_3.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,538
OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ray S ECenFL said:

Ray S ECenFL
Ray, I felt that the arm cuff was the right fit for me but others might need a longer one.

Keppy, that adapter for the head phones for the AT PRO only allows a conversion to other land based phones with the 1/4" jack. I would like the fitting for better head phones and maybe the Garrett waterproof ones are better.

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

John-Edmonton said:
Sandman said:
I already thought of the cold beer spigot. :laughing7:

I Like the cold beer spigot idea......can't beat that suggestion :headbang:

Me too John, If they put a beer cooler on it ... I want two!

Willee

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009

As long as we are dreaming, how about a software change to permit sounding both mid and high tones in a chord that can be user set to any one of the 12 discrimination pixels. Sort of a segment highlight instead of notch feature. Perhaps this could be done with advanced key combinations on the present key pad so it should be just a matter of software changes.

Jerry

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'd like to see a lighted screen for night use or poor lighting conditions. The target size feature of the GTI series would be helpful too. But I can live with it pretty much the way it is......since I got the stinking coil and headphone ends finally screwed down tight! Monty

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030

how about just making the GTI series waterproof :headbang: then i'd be real happy

2 many Hobbies

Mar 8, 2007
Westchester New York
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT pro,Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 350, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

A windshield wiper on the screen for a rainy day would be good ;D ;D ;D ;D.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

Keppy,
I'm glad the Gizmo is helping you!
Kenny

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest: