sun ray, uniprobe or vibraprobe?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if you don't prefer the Uniprobe, that's a great modification of your probe GaryL!!
The iPod speakers were a great touch! I can't say I would've thought of that myself...
I think another reason that I just noticed why I like my Vibraprobe is that it doesn't require another wire running to it while in use.
My headphone wire sometimes gets in my way, so I can't imagine having another coiled wire to deal with.
I did hear that the Uniprobe All-In-One, though pricey ($315), works better than the pocket probe since it's built into your headphones.
As for me, I'll stick with my Vibraprobe 570. ;D

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GaryL

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Toltec II, GTI 2500
godisnum1 said:
Even if you don't prefer the Uniprobe, that's a great modification of your probe GaryL!!
The iPod speakers were a great touch! I can't say I would've thought of that myself...
I think another reason that I just noticed why I like my Vibraprobe is that it doesn't require another wire running to it while in use.
My headphone wire sometimes gets in my way, so I can't imagine having another coiled wire to deal with.
I did hear that the Uniprobe All-In-One, though pricey ($315), works better than the pocket probe since it's built into your headphones.
As for me, I'll stick with my Vibraprobe 570. ;D

Bran <><

Read that godisnum1, and you are sure correct on the extra/cable to fuss with. After getting it figured out on a good way to carry it, it is working out so-far!!
I have a Treasure Mate and figure under most hunting conditions it will remain my main PP at this time.

Good Hunting!!

GaryL ....
cowboy.gif

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Vibraprobe 570 and the Detectorpro pocket uniprobe and I use the Detectorpro Pocket UniProbe 99.9% of the time, I think it rocks! :thumbsup:

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
I own the Uni-Probe and it is awesome!

Interesting topic and one that has been seen other places as well! :)

I own an SE and have it equipped with the SunRay X1. I love the setup but it does add on a little bit of weight.

I've also owned a couple of the free give-a-way probes from KellyCo, Fisher, and Whites; I was not impressed at all. I found them to be more a nuisance than anything else and very cheaply made.

Recently, I bought a Uni-Probe by DeTectorPro. What I absolutely love about this system is you can use the Uni-Probe as a stand alone probe or, using a connection cord which is part of the package connect it to your detector, using it also as headphones. In other words, you can toggle from probe to detector as needed much like the SunRay product. The Uni-Probe headset is a little heavier than, lets say Ghost Ultimates but I don't notice it. The Un-Probe is true Pulse Induction giving it more depth as the SunRay or any other probe I'm familiar with. Here's a pic or two for those who may not be familiar with the product. One other thing, you can also buy accessories for the Uni-Probe, making a full size detector. I'm not so sure about that however and like the product for what it is designed for. For detector brands, such as Tesoro which SunRay does not make an inlign probe Uni-Probe is a very good alternative. And, being both headset and probe chances are you won't be leaving it behind in the field! That is, of course if you don't lose your head. :)

Good luck!
GRB

Attachments

• UniPro-Clo-800.JPG
    UniPro-Clo-800.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 218
  • Uni-Full-Best-600.JPG
    Uni-Full-Best-600.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 204

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great writeup GRB!!
If I had read more about that particular model, prior to purchasing my Vibraprobe, I may have given it a little more consideration.
The only thing I notice on the Uniprobe is that you have set the Frequency & Threshold on the headset, whereas the Vibraprobe is a PI probe and automatically sets itself when you turn it on. I kinda like that, as I usually have to set the controls on my detector, and probably wouldn't want any more knobs to bother with. Maybe that actually has it's upside though, and I'm just not aware of it. Either way, seems like a great tool for detecting (except for the price, lol!) :)

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The freq setting gives you the ability to tune it so there is no interference from yours or any other detector, it can be used with any detector.

I have also found that by adjusting the freq and the threshold, I can adjust up or down how deep it will detect targets. (Min to Max) By dropping it down I can tell when I am very close to target so I do not scratch it probing or digging. It will go as deep as 6 inches, with precise pinpointing, I can quickly X the target, probe straight down and hit the coin. Combined with the Ez-Dig-R recovery system I can recover coins and leave no sign I was even there when finished since my plug is normally only 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches wide.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just used my Pocket UniProbe for the first time Saturday. Put it in my Minelab pouch and let the cord hang out. It did not turn on by itself or hang up. Came in handy having a little more depth on the pinpoint. My old Whites would not have been able to detect what the UniProbe did. Bottom line. Time will tell how well I like it but the first timeout went well.

Ed D.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Try using a mono ear bud under your headphone ear cup and run the wire under your shirt/coat

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
You can get them at WW for about $4 :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions