sun ray, uniprobe or vibraprobe?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I have been looking at the Vibraprobes myself. Can use it with any detector, waterproof, turns off automatically so you don't accidently leave it on it's lil pouch and run the battery down. :thumbsup:

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bounty hunter hand held and its ok but you have to be really close to the target. I just ordered a sunray as i cant use the vibra probe near my detector. I used a friends vibraprobe, but my detector would turn in on when it was on my side. I didnt care to much on haveing to waite on it to shut itself off. I have heard good things about the pocket uni though.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
The pocket Uni is the way to go. It is twice as deep as the sunray (up to 6 inches) and much much deeper than the vibraprobe. It can be used with any detector and the wand it waterptoof. If you are ever going to have more than 1 detector it is the way to go

Attachments

• UNI.JPG
    UNI.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 344

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Sunray. It pipes through your headphones. You'll wonder how you got along without it before! :P

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at the Uni but right now I have the Sun Ray. It's pretty hot, but with my MXT I can click the trigger a couple of times to detune the probe then it pinpoints dead on the mark.

BARGuy

Jan 9, 2007
Out & About
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di Pro SL
I have 2 Vibraprobe 570s. Don't know how I ever got along without them. No, they don't detect 6", 4" or even 3". If they did they wouldn't be "pinpointers"! They do exactly as advertised & will cut your retrieval time in half.

Never had any others, so can't give you comparison, but if I couldn't get another one, I wouldn't sell mine for $500 apiece. Well, maybe just one! :laughing7:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Cynangyl said:
I have been looking at the Vibraprobes myself. Can use it with any detector, waterproof, turns off automatically so you don't accidently leave it on it's lil pouch and run the battery down. :thumbsup:
Don't try to use one with a F-75 and probably the F-70 will drive the detector nuts

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EZrider said:
I have a bounty hunter hand held and its ok but you have to be really close to the target. I just ordered a sunray as i cant use the vibra probe near my detector. I used a friends vibraprobe, but my detector would turn in on when it was on my side. I didnt care to much on haveing to waite on it to shut itself off. I have heard good things about the pocket uni though.

Exactly :thumbsup:

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I have sunrays on both my detectors I dont know how I lived without them. Especially with tone ID I can even tell multiple targets in one hole. All the sounds go through the headphones and no extra batteries to buy. Hh, dave.

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I really like the idea of the sun ray probe, but I do not want to be tied down to the one detector. If I choose to buy a more advanced detector, then I will need to also buy a new probe! So I think it will be another brand for me!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BARGuy said:
I have 2 Vibraprobe 570s. Don't know how I ever got along without them. No, they don't detect 6", 4" or even 3". If they did they wouldn't be "pinpointers"! They do exactly as advertised & will cut your retrieval time in half.

Never had any others, so can't give you comparison, but if I couldn't get another one, I wouldn't sell mine for $500 apiece. Well, maybe just one! :laughing7:

I *completely* second your recommendations, BARGuy!!
I agree with everything you said.
As far as my detector setting my 570 off... it's happened, but I just either move it to my left back of my belt... or I'll be soon attaching it with Velcro to my pack straps that I always have on me when I detect.

Bran <><

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Thanks for the great info guys...I am working on getting Vibraprobes on our site as well now so folks have an alternative to the Treasuremate. You guys are the best!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, I like the vibraprobe. Wish I'd bought one years ago. Helps with locating targets more effectively and quickly and reduces the chance of damaging a potentially good target. Hope this helps.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I love the vibraprobe 570. It has auto tuning, it's waterproof, those are two of the features that help me in my decision to buy it. It would be nice if it had a light on it though. Other than that I am one happy customer.

Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero
Ok on my Garrett Ace 250 i have the Sunray YF-1 pinpointer
now for my Minelab X-terra 70 i have to use the Vibra Probe
since Minelab will not sell chip that they use in the coils to
Sunray.

If you have a machine that you can buy a Sunray pinpointer
for it.....BUY IT...if not get the Vibra Probe 570

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with the SunRay with my F-75, which as others have mentioned doesn't play well with the 570 (you have to wait for it to deactivate otherwise it's 60 seconds of EMI). The "broad" probe works well for finding if the coin went with the initial plug flip and thereafter I can press the pinpoint trigger and get the audio and VDI. That's a huge plus. I just had a piece of pulltab 3" shallower than a cent and it was easy to reanalyze the hole after I got the pulltab piece out. In pinpoint mode it gets louder/higher as it gets near the target and works as a "non-motion", just like the battery handhelds. Also great in a "spill" area or where there is trash and a signal hard to "X" as the ultimate sniper coil.

I'm liking it more and more.

GaryL

Jan 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Toltec II, GTI 2500
I been detecting for a little over 40 years, never felt the need for a pin pointer as I am not a speed hunter, have always been careful when cutting a plug so only on rare occasions have I damaged a target.

A year ago I got a free one called the Bulls Eye, sorta large and a little awkward to carry but tried it out and man I don't know why I never tried one before. Done a lot of asking and research, did not want to get one that was detector specific. After a lot of research went with a Treasure Mate and have'nt looked back!!

Just got a new Pocket UniProbe as a back up unit as I wanted to try something different, "think we all been there eh!!"

The Pocket UniProbe turned out to be a hassle as I had trouble keeping it on my belt, the probe kept falling off the side of the housing as the Velcro is not a good idea. Also one can't hear the speaker very well with out moving your HP's.

After a couple of days figuring out if I wanted to return it, I figured out how to make it useful by fitting it to a good belt pouch/case, and adding a I-Pod speaker to it. A very easy set up, good depth (not needed for PP) and now works great. For the price of the UniProbe it should come with a good carrying case and decent speaker.

Go with the VibaProbe or Treasure Mate for the money. Just my
2cents.gif
worth.

My set up with the UniProbe.
CaseDone.jpg

HH

GaryL ....
cowboy.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions