Sunday Afternoon Park Hunt

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a City Park Sunday afternoon and hunted till after dark...This park is one of the largest in Syracuse, NY and overlooks the city with great views of Downtown and the Syracuse University area.. Did not do too well today. Only 1 Silver, 1 Wheat, $1.16 in clad, and about 5 lbs of junk (lots of large iron).
Here are my finds and a few pics of the views. The valve handle is from an old water fountain I think, and the round knurled object was a radio dial knob I think...It is copper and bottom is just full of rusty junk. The fist night picture is looking towards the MONEY Tower and the Second is looking towards the Carrier Dome..

Happy Hunting,

Upvote 7
Nice looking park!, good finds from there too a merc and a wheat is a good day in most people's books!

Bet it was freezing cold up there!

Good work, nice detail on your Merc.

Actually, It has not been that really cold up here...Just one day so far...This coming week is gonna get cold though...Sunday I could have went without my lined hoodie and just worn my sweat shirt...

HH,

Nice digs. that dime is nice looking, nice save.

My Buddy dug a 1804 Half Cent, 2 Barb Dimes and an Indian Head on the same day...I should have been using my Pro coil instead of crawling with my 6" EQ2 to bust threw the iron junk...

HH,

Nice Finds!!! I bet theres gold in that park somewhere!!!

Nice finds GoGo. Glad to see your still getting out. Heehee, I must have missed them when I was up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back