What's new

Susan B. Ike dollars + paper money question

jcole8

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
So today Stopped in my bank to make a deposit asked the usual question any half dollars or large dollar coins-

one teller had $7.50 in half dollars, all clad and 1 gold plated half dollar not quite sure about that one

She also had 35 dollars in ike dollars and susan B. I didn't know of anything special with those coins (other than the 40%unc ikes) so i didn't get them. Should i have gotten them? are there any errors that I should know about ?

Finally my paper money question,might not be the place for this one but my brain is racked on this.

Today in change i received 3 $1 bills that appeared be ripped in some way, but after looking at them a little more It seems that they are either errors, or came from someones uncut sheet. Two of them appear to be ripped apart (they fit together perfectly) and the third one is ripped at a downward angle away from it self such that its paper has a small corner of another bill on it. Not sure what to make of these guys.

Thanks for any help, and HH to all
 
Upvote 0
Go first thing tomorrow and get the Ikes. There might be a 40%er, Morgan, or Peace in them. Good luck!
 
Well, Ms.banker lady who is usually unhappy must have had her coffee this morning. When she said 'i have them she put a stack on the counter' I took an edge look, then said 'im looking for a certain date for my collection' and she actually let me look through all the ikes and they were almost all bicentennials no peace or morgans. I did not know the ikes were ever 40% do tell more
 
jcole8 said:
Well, Ms.banker lady who is usually unhappy must have had her coffee this morning. When she said 'i have them she put a stack on the counter' I took an edge look, then said 'im looking for a certain date for my collection' and she actually let me look through all the ikes and they were almost all bicentennials no peace or morgans. I did not know the ikes were ever 40% do tell more

1971S-1974S are all 40% silver. Some 1976S Ikes are also 40% silver.
 
I would have bought all the Susan's and all of the Ike's without even looking at them, and dump them later.
 
clovis97 said:
I would have bought all the Susan's and all of the Ike's without even looking at them, and dump them later.

The only reason I can think to pick up Susan B's is the wide rim 79. Am I missing something?
 
Some of the Susan's are selling on ebay for a good premium. I'm not really a coin guy, but looked them up recently. Your not going to get rich selling them, but if you have the time to list, they would be easy to sell and ship.

Those SBA's would have been easy to dump later, if there weren't any keepers.
 
I gotta agree with just get them all. For 1 i believe it is less likely to alert the tellers about hidden treasures and 2 the tellers are usually happy when they dont have to count coins. I figure happy tellers are our friends. Every one i talked to was happy to know i dont cherry pick.
 
quiksilver said:
I gotta agree with just get them all. For 1 i believe it is less likely to alert the tellers about hidden treasures and 2 the tellers are usually happy when they dont have to count coins. I figure happy tellers are our friends. Every one i talked to was happy to know i dont cherry pick.

Excellent advice!!!!
 
just got a 1976s ike. The rim looks like it is silver. Do the clad "s" coins still have the copper showing like all other ikes?
 
A 1976S copper-nickel clad dollar looks just like a copper-nickel clad half dollar with an inner copper core. A 1976S 40% silver clad dollar looks just like a 40% silver clad half dollar.
 
JJtheRollHunter said:
jcole8 said:
Well, Ms.banker lady who is usually unhappy must have had her coffee this morning. When she said 'i have them she put a stack on the counter' I took an edge look, then said 'im looking for a certain date for my collection' and she actually let me look through all the ikes and they were almost all bicentennials no peace or morgans. I did not know the ikes were ever 40% do tell more

1971S-1974S are all 40% silver. Some 1976S Ikes are also 40% silver.

Not all "S" mint Ikes are silver, most are clad. If you stumble upon a "S" mint Silver Ike you have done good. San Francisco makes both clad and silver Ike dollars.
 
Re: paper money question

jcole8 said:
Finally my paper money question,might not be the place for this one but my brain is racked on this.

Today in change i received 3 $1 bills that appeared be ripped in some way, but after looking at them a little more It seems that they are either errors, or came from someones uncut sheet. Two of them appear to be ripped apart (they fit together perfectly) and the third one is ripped at a downward angle away from it self such that its paper has a small corner of another bill on it. Not sure what to make of these guys.

Thanks for any help, and HH to all

Try posting your paper money question on this forum:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,346.0.html
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom