What's new

Sweet GOLD found today ! Ring #59

pl8man

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
4,204
Reaction score
4,643
Golden Thread
2
Location
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the weekends I almost always hunt schools because they are close but today I decided to change it up :thumbsup: . I hunted two small old parks in an area that dates back to the 1930's . I was hoping for some wheats and maybe a silver or two , that didn't happen . The clad was everywhere !!! I don't think anyone has hunted them in awhile . The first cool find was three Euro coins in one hole :thumbsup: . Then maybe 15 minutes later I had a +26 at 1 inch . When I turned back the plug I saw big gold !!! Well it looked gold :laughing7: . It was just a large plated ear ring :BangHead: . I posted the picture I took because it looked so good at first :laughing7: . After that I moved on to the next park . It was a bit older and looked it . I got the field walked maybe 100 feet and bang a +30 at 2 inches . This time when I pulled the plug back it was GOLD :hello2:. It is a sweet 14K gold ring with a beautiful red stone , maybe a ruby ? It weighs 9.25 grams . Ring #59 for the year is a keeper :headbang: . The other finds were two pocket knives , couple of game tokens and a cool tiny Play Coin . This one had me going for a minute ! It looks silver and has some weight to it . It says PLAY COIN on one side and 10 with two stars on the other . Total clad for about 3 hours was $12.80 .
HH
Glen
 

Attachments

  • 100_3654.webp
    100_3654.webp
    560.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_3655.webp
    100_3655.webp
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 100_3656.webp
    100_3656.webp
    330.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 100_3657.webp
    100_3657.webp
    883.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_3658.webp
    100_3658.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_3659.webp
    100_3659.webp
    205.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_3660.webp
    100_3660.webp
    85.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_3661.webp
    100_3661.webp
    180.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_3662.webp
    100_3662.webp
    124.2 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_3664.webp
    100_3664.webp
    309.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_3665.webp
    100_3665.webp
    290.8 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 86
HEY PLATE ' NICE FIRE AND BRIMSTONE RING . OR SHOULD I SAY NICE EYE STAMPER. DANG STONE KINDA DRAWS YOUR TO IT.
 
nice finds, Congrats:occasion14:
 
Congratulations on yet another gold ring Glen, I'd say that looks like a ruby to me! :occasion14:

Hope you and Carson are getting in some father son detecting time together this summer!

Dave

The father and son hunting days are over :'(. Carson has not gone out since February when he bought his car . High school , football and his car is his life . Next he will add a girl :laughing7:

Glen
 
Hard to believe there that many targets at a park? Must not be many competent dirt fishers in your area. Congrats on exploiting the situation and on all those keepers. :occasion14: That's one big ring!
 
Very nice, heavy ring...congrats on some great finds
 
Really sweet Gold Ring. Targets like that pay for our detectors real quick. Congrats on a really productive hunt
 
Beautiful ring congrats
 
Beautiful ring ! I'm confident in saying the stone is Garnet ( I think the variety is Pyrope ) the color pretty much excludes Ruby .
Excellent find !
 
Nice save! It's a Great feeling when yellow is laying in the hole.
 
Very well done. Congrats on scoring the gold ring! I find that "play money" occasionally, and always try to make it into a half real... so far, no luck!

Best of luck to you!
 
Beautiful gold ring!! Congratulations!
 
Damn nice ring congrats...
 
Very well done. Congrats on scoring the gold ring! I find that "play money" occasionally, and always try to make it into a half real... so far, no luck!

Best of luck to you!

I'll tell you that tiny play coin had me going ! It looked like a half reale .
Glen
 
That is one nice chunk of gold and Ruby! Congrats! Nice job there Ring King!
That play coin sure does a good job of imitating silver!

I didn't make it out last Sunday, hopefully I will this Sunday.
 
? When using ur mxt do u dig all nickel signals or just when it is a solid one and what are ur signals for gold 14k rings mine has always been different +6+8 22.
 
Great stuff as always there !! I've barely been getting out, yesterday I did a short hunt and all I did was dig up some square nails and parts of them. I really like those older gold rings like your ruby one, hope I can get out and hunt some more here soon !
 
? When using ur mxt do u dig all nickel signals or just when it is a solid one and what are ur signals for gold 14k rings mine has always been different +6+8 22.

I dig almost every nickel target . Digging all the pull tabs are worth it when you find that one gold :headbang:! The VDI numbers range from +6 , tiny gold , to +72 , large and big karat gold :thumbsup: ! I have found 4 24k gold items over the past 18 years and all of them were +70 , +72 !
Glen
 
Last edited:
that's a nice chunky gold ring! good job!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom