What's new

Sweet nickel bag

FingerGrime

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
It was average in terms of the number of pre-60s but I found several really nice upgrades for my Dansco album and a new one. A '38S! Only 4.1 mil minted! I got a pretty chewed up '43P war nickel and my first 5 cent Bahamas coin.
Here is the full listing of the pre-60s I found in the bag: 1938S,1939,1940x2,1940D,1940S,1941x2,1941Dx2,1942,1946,1946D,1947,1948,1949,1950,1952x3,1953,1954x2,1954D,1955D,1957Dx4,1958x2,1958D,1959D

Here's the haul:
IMG_1466.webp​
This is the '38S:
IMG_1464.webp​
IMG_1465.webp​
Check out this amazing '41D!!!:
IMG_1476.webp​
IMG_1472.webp​
I nearly had a heart attack when I found the '41D. It is in better shape than any of my pre-60s and a lot of my other nickels. It looks pretty much like it was just minted.
 
Upvote 0
Nice score FG, on that 38s and 41 d ( thats a beauty) plus a bunch of other goodies , Ed
 
Love nickels but for me they are so time consuming.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom