swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
yep :coffee2:it would be cool if someone here could
get in close enough contact with him, to at least teach him how to respond directly. on the Pics, I don't know if it's a Phone app issue or not
If it’s the person I contacted on Facebook, then the free advice I gave him resulted in him having me blocked on the page and messenger. He did not like an outside opinion.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
then probably not him :( though he seemed interested in all opinions , He has Disappeared , Could be out of embarrassment, or in alot of trouble, or could be out of "He who Laughs Last......" & he Hasn't Frowned yet :coffee2:but I'm hoping for the Best

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
then probably not him :( though he seemed interested in all opinions , He has Disappeared , Could be out of embarrassment, or in alot of trouble, or could be out of "He who Laughs Last......" & he Hasn't Frowned yet :coffee2:but I'm hoping for the Best
I went back through the earlier posts and pictures . That’s him. I don’t know how I would have offended him by offering advice, but after that, he did disappear. Looks like he was/is in a good location.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course your opinion may have been all he wanted/needed ,
and felt he got what he came for :dontknow:

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me, he is still active via PM...and probably lost his way to navigate to this thread. The man has ample enthusiasm and has made some interesting mineral discoveries. He also has a wild imagination, but of what I have seen has not found a silver mine or anything that would directly point to J. Swift or the legend. He has sent me close to a hundred photos...I wish he had a better camera...once magnified they loose so much detail.

Happy to see you on here swiftfan...I have always wondered about the facebook group...very active?
I don't do social media...has become very political and hostile...who needs more of that!

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe me, he is still active via PM...and probably lost his way to navigate to this thread. The man has ample enthusiasm and has made some interesting mineral discoveries. He also has a wild imagination, but of what I have seen has not found a silver mine or anything that would directly point to J. Swift or the legend. He has sent me close to a hundred photos...I wish he had a better camera...once magnified they loose so much detail.

Happy to see you on here swiftfan...I have always wondered about the facebook group...very active?
I don't do social media...has become very political and hostile...who needs more of that!
He had actually brought it back to life. You know how it goes, we all get out during the good weather, and meet back here in the winter sharing our adventures!! 👍🏻

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly he almost Made a Mistake Contacting Me .
I Know so Little on the Subject, I Can imagine 99.9% of others
Who know this Much would have Ignored him.
But Being a Moderator, I Felt I Should at Least Help A guy out with what I could :icon_thumleft:

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGB1, when can I place an order for your book? I sure would like to read it again at my own pace.
haveing problems getting pictures of mines owner of property will not let me back on property soon as i can will go there anyway hope i don" t get arrested if i get pictures it would be worth it though rgb1

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haveing problems getting pictures of mines owner of property will not let me back on property soon as i can will go there anyway hope i don" t get arrested if i get pictures it would be worth it though rgb1
I would rather be arrested than shot...use caution !

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
want to take one of you with me for varfication of what i have found contacted one already he said he will go this may prove im not blowing wind i try my best to tell it like it is without adding things not there . rgbi

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
want to take one of you with me for varfication of what i have found contacted one already he said he will go this may prove im not blowing wind i try my best to tell it like it is without adding things not there . rgbi
Sounds good, PM me and/or send me mail, you should still have my mailing address.

Merry Christmas.

Be careful what you wish for, some wished for a white Christmas...and this is what they got.

Last edited:

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry :dontknow: I'm Just a Moderator Here.
I know 0 about Raw Silver other then it is Mined
have been studying precious metals and ores since 1970 still learning their is always something new as far as ores are concerned when my book is released it will bring a new awareness as to precious metals in eastern areas these areas have so much potential i believe it will open new opertunites for not only the individual but the large mining co.s which in the end will prevail. rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been Contacted by a New Member who Doesn't seem To know how to Post here. He's on Mobile. He requested I Post for him.
Hopefully he will Be able to Reply and Learn.

View attachment 2036159

Chief
View attachment 2036163 View attachment 2036664
it's very remarkable but very dangerous. Snakes and 400 ft clifts! I know because I eased raised here.

this one is for the Cherokee! Yeah my father was Cherokee.

This is a good friend of mine that has been right by my side. Big Jimmy! We have a great story to share with you.
View attachment 2036164
I do need help with all documentation so if you know who to trust send them to me! There's a lot to cover.

It's rough country
View attachment 2036165

More To come
if you want to know what you actually have send sample to a professional lab. not to a university they are inexperienced rgb1

rgb1

Nov 24, 2013
s.w. Ohio
Detector(s) used
2 whites 1 garett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right aout now I,d run,not walk,to file a claim on that spot.Then have an assay done on a representative sample of that ore!
this discovery was probably on private land in that case you need a lease or purchase to be succesful other wise yiu are wasting your time

KY Hiker

Bronze Member
Oct 28, 2014
North Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this discovery was probably on private land in that case you need a lease or purchase to be succesful other wise yiu are wasting your time
Yes, it was on private land adjacent to some public lands as 7feathers described. Being all in VA and East of either fork of the Sandy, it is not a likely candidate for a Swift site as per most versions of the journal...doesn't rule out a possible silver site though. Folks from Wise, VA may not agree!

swiftfan

Feb 24, 2008
Pikeville, Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, it was on private land adjacent to some public lands as 7feathers described. Being all in VA and East of either fork of the Sandy, it is not a likely candidate for a Swift site as per most versions of the journal...doesn't rule out a possible silver site though. Folks from Wise, VA may not agree!
I’m going to assume that given the way the rocks lie on that side of the mountain, and with all the cave openings, there would naturally be a lot of exposed faults, and vents. Chances are he’s found one of many in that area. I’ve seen a lot of interesting things in the woods on that side of the mountain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread