What's new

....Swimmin in a fishbowl

Digginitdaily

Full Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2023
Messages
221
Reaction score
618
Golden Thread
0
Its been a good day already. Just a couple of indian heads to add to the collection. The silver ring actually says some words across it and the seahorse.... well, it's a seahorse! As a veteran I think the dogtags belong with the owner who lost them. Would anyone by chance know if there is a system for looking up fellow veterans?
 

Attachments

  • 20230829_120433.webp
    20230829_120433.webp
    654.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20230825_204940.webp
    20230825_204940.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
Upvote 20
Is that a military dog tag? I ask because there's two names, no blood type, and no religious preference.
 
Is that a military dog tag? I ask because there's two names, no blood type, and no religious preference.
It is. And I found it odd myself. Apparently during ww2 they put the next of kin and the last known address. Which there was only one. The other/s weren't in the immediate area.
 
Oh gotcha, I didnt notice the "P on there. I would assume that means "protestant".
 
Its been a good day already. Just a couple of indian heads to add to the collection. The silver ring actually says some words across it and the seahorse.... well, it's a seahorse! As a veteran I think the dogtags belong with the owner who lost them. Would anyone by chance know if there is a system for looking up fellow veterans?
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!
 
If that dog tag is real, I would look up the soldier. And return it to him/her (i can’t read the name) or their relatives. It could mean a lot to someone. Especially if that person has passed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom