What's new

Sword scabbard tip?

boondocker

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
236
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Whites XLT
Any idea what this could be :dontknow: It's 2" long and has a piece of wood in it I thought it might be a scabbard tip or the end of a flag pole that you would hold when marching? Thanks Dean
 

Attachments

  • P5240039.webp
    P5240039.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 440
  • P5240040.webp
    P5240040.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 412
  • P5240041.webp
    P5240041.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 402
Dean, I think you may be right. It does look like the point of a military(or similar type) guidon flagstaff.
 
Upvote 0
Boondocker I think you right with flag pole holder and I found a similar one that I have posted. :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    34.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 013.webp
    013.webp
    31.7 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0
Yep looks like the bottom of a flag pole to me.
 
Upvote 0
Throwing something else into the mix. I think it's the end of the arm's on carriage poles. The end's that attach to the horse harnesses. There have been a few here through the years.

Brian
 
Upvote 0
Walking cane tip. The one pictured is 1 1/2 inches long made of brass.
 

Attachments

  • Walking Cane Tip 1.webp
    Walking Cane Tip 1.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
thanks guys for all the great comments. I dont think this item can be pinpointed to 1 thing. It could be any of the ideas mentioned. :headbang: :headbang: Dean
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom