What's new

Syringopora Coral and clams

WhiteCountyPaleo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
546
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Found by my father on drained Lake Freeman in Indiana
in 1993. It is a coral fossil. You might even be able to see
the clams in there. At least two.
 

Attachments

  • fossil.webp
    fossil.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 453
  • fossil2.webp
    fossil2.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 425
  • fossil3.webp
    fossil3.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 371
  • fossil.webp
    fossil.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 330
  • fossil2.webp
    fossil2.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 338
  • fossil3.webp
    fossil3.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 322
Re: Crinoids and clams

That is definitely not a crinoid fossil. It is some sort of coral. This is a crinoid that I found in the Waldron shale in Waldron, Indiana. It is Eucalyptocrinites crassus.
Chuck
 

Attachments

  • i.webp
    i.webp
    20 KB · Views: 353
No problem at all. I definitely think you are on the right track. Take care and I would love to see any other fossils you have found.
Chuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom