What's new

T-2, and the Vaquero

nadcarves

Jr. Member
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
57
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
I have been using a Vaquero and really need something that ID's in trashed areas. Air distance comparison, believe the "V" has the edge..For soccer field hunting, the 3 by 18 clean sweep coil rules. Trashy sites, have the 5.75's for the Vaquero, and the 5 inch for the T-2..My first real outing will be at several 1800's houses that have a fair amount of iron in the soil.. Then, an old school yard that could be a profitable iron mine. If the T-2 coil works well in the trash, I'll sell the small Tesoro coils....I like the ferrous ,non-ferrous sounds, over the single beep on the "V"...So, a learning process..I am happy with the Vaquero, and still have to see if the T-2 will give me that same warm fuzzy feeling.....One interesting comment from a Minelab owner who uses a G-2(?)......Don't tell the Minelab boys about your T-2.otherwise they will all want one.....................My" V" is coming along Weds, his E-track, as well, for comparisons. So we'll have 4 hitters running around two old trash laden yards, may start finding out a few things.. Thanks for stopping by, cordially Nad :icon_thumright: Who knows, my Willow fork with the updated cow bell may stomp everything.. ;D
 
I tried a Vaquero and found it to be way too noisy. I now have a T2 and a Gold Bug Pro which is a clone of the G2, just different physical mount. The T2 can also be chatty. When it comes to trashy areas like parks and soccer fields the GB Pro/G2 is just plain awsome. Accurate ID, deep, and runs very quiet. I recommend the 11 biax coil for those areas. You also can use the 5 inch coil and the 10 inch concentric. The T2 coils and G2 coils are not interchangeable. At least not officially.
 
The T2 is just an amazing detector in iron..I hunt in 0 disc..The key is not to wear headphones and rely highly on the vdi..Its accurate,very accurate.If its just way to trashy you bump it up to 21. :thumbsup:


Blaze...
 
Found out my large coil may be defective..Silver dime at 7 inches,my T-2 five inch coil does that..Searched for about 5 hours, got too tired to understand everything going on..Went through my neighbors yard,old house, several dime "lock on" signals, and a quarter" lock on"..A 50 / 70 foot swinging walk..that long. Very impressed because there was /is ,so much trash, beep and dig, would have required an automatic digger. I am sending the large coil off for the people at Teknetics to repair or sell me a new one...Only complaint is that I don't know which frequency is used to tell the dates on the coins before you dig them... :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom