T-NET JOB HUNTERS Section?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Marc... it doesn't happen very often but I have an idea. :tongue3:

Times is tough right now for a bunch of folks job-wise.

Being a community of people always looking for that next treasure, I think we might be able to help each other in a very real and important way by helping each other find jobs or job opportunities.

I think one of the greatest treasures in life is security and having a steady job is generally the best way to that need.

You can call it: TreasureNet Job Hunters

There can be a general discussion area and as well as a place to post resumes.

Whatcha think?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I love the idea! One way me might be able to help each other out in this nasty economy that is so hard on all of us.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
It may help to sustain the growth of the 'Charter Membership'also,instead of a 'economy'decrease in memberships.

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
I know that in my area, north central Texas, there is a need for saltwater haulers...If you have a CDL and a tanker endorsement, you can go to any of at least 20 Companies and have a good chance of getting hired on...Have to work nights for a while, but most of the companies have a night differential, up to a dollar in most cases...Good luck to all that are looking and hope something comes your way soon.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
This is a great idea...I know there are alot of people out of work in my area, including me. Its been tough with all the layoffs ,everyone vying for the same jobs.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Sorry, but I had a hard time getting past this line:

Marc... it doesn't happen very often but I have an idea.
;D (I read it over and over).

This is a great idea. I've been blessed so far, I still have my job. But with contract manufacturing, you are dependent on your customers. If they have a hiccup, you may lose a line of product or whatever.

I work in the DC area, I live in the Northern Shenandoah Valley. I'd be happy to monitor ads in our local newspapers, news clippings, etc., for openings and post them on the thread. The Washington Post still has a lot of ads. An article yesterday said that the DC economy is still growing.

Anything to help.

DM

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
I like the Idea...I don't have a job to offer...But maybe a "Barter Board" or something to get some stuff you need...Times are tough and I think Local community or a board like this could count as community....How bout maybe a topic on how to stretch your dollars....I have some ways that my family and I save a bit here and there...Maybe a "Times are Tight" topic...You know community garden or private gardens,stock piling staples.....not so much end of the world stuff ...But common sense stuff we all saw how the government handles catastrophes....You need preparations...To ease the pain of potential unemployment...I also found a site Where for $1 trial and $10 every 8 weeks it show you how to shop in your area at supermarket of your choice,Shows you coupons to clip,Double ,triple and unadvertised specials...It also analyzes price trends on items and tells you when to get great deals on "stockpile items"
I didn't want to just post links here or on the forums...I don't want people to get angry.I will upgrade to paid member because I have some good stuff to share.....Tnet is a great site filled with tons of info and have made friends here.Thanks Tnet!!
Gerald
If any one would like to know PM me or post up I follow lots of topics!!

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
gtlfindings said:
I like the Idea...I don't have a job to offer...But maybe a "Barter Board" or something to get some stuff you need...Times are tough and I think Local community or a board like this could count as community....How bout maybe a topic on how to stretch your dollars....I have some ways that my family and I save a bit here and there...Maybe a "Times are Tight" topic...You know community garden or private gardens,stock piling staples.....not so much end of the world stuff ...But common sense stuff we all saw how the government handles catastrophes....You need preparations...To ease the pain of potential unemployment...I also found a site Where for $1 trial and $10 every 8 weeks it show you how to shop in your area at supermarket of your choice,Shows you coupons to clip,Double ,triple and unadvertised specials...It also analyzes price trends on items and tells you when to get great deals on "stockpile items"
I didn't want to just post links here or on the forums...I don't want people to get angry.I will upgrade to paid member because I have some good stuff to share.....Tnet is a great site filled with tons of info and have made friends here.Thanks Tnet!!
Gerald
If any one would like to know PM me or post up I follow lots of topics!!

Great post :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread