jimzz977
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 23, 2012
- Messages
- 1,792
- Reaction score
- 4,708
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- New Mexico
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Etrac
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
As much as I love my T2 I'm not super impressed with the vdi precision. I've found that if an item is at a decent depth it can be off a bit. But yes it happens a lot. I've dug colonial buttons of the same size and composition that have come up between the high 70s and low 90s. Luckily my sites are all very old so I just dig anything that's not a grunt. Don't get too hung up on the numbers. Basically anything over 40 can be a good target. Pewter and tombac can come up really low. Lots of things can for that matter. Your doing great keep it up buddyDoes ur t2 read dime as quarter sometimes. I got a reading of 89 at 8 in I dug It up and a clad dime came out. I thought it was to be quarter
Sounds awesome man! I found a crotal bell with makers mark and 2 pieces of Spanish silver at my last fort site. I hope you make some great finds thereJust got permission hunt an old fort from 1840s it was use to protect settlers from Indian attacks and even a civil war battle had taken place, it was called Ft. Fillmore, nm