T2 LTD or E-Trac or SE Pro?

SPONNIE73

Jun 1, 2006
Hanover, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Nautilus 2B, F75 LTD
Need some hands on knowledge. I will be purchasing one of these 3 and need help. I thought the T2 LTD was the right choice but I need some input from those with experience. I know the T2 is the least expensive but I have decided if the E-Trac or SE Pro would be that much better the extra money would be worth it. It will be used a little at the beach. The rest of the time is divided between coin and relic hunting. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Mike

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I have the F75LTD which is similar to the T2 the processor is lighting fast, at under 3 pounds not hard on the arm.
Have ordered an E-Trac should have it any day now, the reason for buying was after spending a week in the UK with five E-Trac users, there machines had no problem with the ground over there, I was ground balancing numbers in the high 40s to low 60s with the F75LTD the ground on this side of the pond is not nearly as bad.

One thing I noticed was even those with little time on the E-Trac were picking off killer finds so it is a user friendly machine.

I had an Explore a few years ago and the learning curve is steep, the SE I believe does need more time than the E-Trac.

I was going to sell the F75LTD after buying the E-Trac but have since decided that I may keep it for the long haul as it can be swung much faster.

The other issue going forward with Minelab is the changes being made to there operation to build there machines in Asia and the service issues.
Dan :thumbsup:

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
Willy said:
Hey Dan.. was wondering why you wen't for the E-Trac instead of the White's V3? ..Willy.

Hi Willy

I'm not really sold on the V3 at this point, as you know I'm not a brand loyal type of guy. The thing about the V3 was that 22.5 kHz frequency combined with the SpectraGraph Analyze was going to be the ticket for gold jewelry. I have yet to see anything that would lead me to believe it's better than my Troy X5 which pulls a dozen gold rings a year dirt fishing.

Next the three frequencies 2.5 kHZ 7.5 Khz 22.5kHZ would much rather have seen something in the 12.0 - 14.0 range in place of one of the two low range numbers. The best number is left out can't understand why that is.

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread