TD Bank A-Hole

Detectorinator

Dec 27, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most TD Banks in my area stopped allowing half dollar dumps a few months ago. The managers all said they had a regional meeting where the district supervisor said to stop allowing large coin dumps because the processing of coins was costing them too much. I was dumping around $500 at a time, no more than once a week at each branch. They have to change the bag for every $100 in halves so I didn't want to be too much of an inconvenience. A couple of friendly managers said I could still come by about once a month with my $500.

I stopped at one of those branches yesterday with $400 in halves and was told they only had two bags left. When a teller saw I had all halves she asked if I was the guy who came in earlier with all the halves. I told her I had not been to the branch in about a month. She then told me there was a guy who came in earlier and had them change 50 bags of halves at once, causing them to run out of bags.

I had been upset with TD Banks decision not to allow large dumps but after hearing that story I don't blame them. To the jackass who had them change 50 bags at once I will say, enjoy it while it lasts. Your days are numbered and unfortunately I wouldn't be suprised if they stop taking halves all together.

Upvote 0

blink

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's funny that people expect everyone to be courteous. In general people are selfish and only out for them!!

Doesn't make it right but learn to accept it.

Poor Mans Gold

Feb 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I only use TD for dumping cents and nickels. Only dump about $300. My halves go to another bank where I have rerolled and placed them back in the boxes for easier handling. They like it this way.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Mans Gold said:
I only use TD for dumping cents and nickels. Only dump about $300. My halves go to another bank where I have rerolled and placed them back in the boxes for easier handling. They like it this way.
the less the better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread