What's new

Teach me, oh wise ones:

Your find that a lot of listings are by location ie state,county then treasure name. The "United States Treasure Atlas" by Thomas P. Terry is listed that way.
It is basically a listing and you work from there. I then delve into my state listed article collection that goes back to the '70s. The stories were more detailed in the older mags. I also use some old books like Dobie's which are far more detailed then the newer crop. Then the computer gets it's workout like looking for topo and sat images or looking for old maps in the Library of Congress, or old pictures that show the lay of the land as it was. I also have several books of old road maps that have proven usefull. I do most of this in the winter so I can search in the spring and summer. Research is what stands between a coin hunter and a treasure hunter. As the old saying goes "to each his own".
​
 
Some of the disturbing stuff I have stumbled across is that evidently some of the treasure hunters after the James treasure seem to feel like they OWN the areas, and are aggressive and territorial. Not sure if I want to deal with all of that....Angry farm boy types with metal detectors and over a hundred years of history crammed in their brains? Brains that have spent a lot of time baking in the sun? Perhaps I will just start looking for the old mission schools.
 
Hay soldier, go to the owner of the land and offer a 50% cut of the treasure. Get written permission than don't worry about other claim jumpers. You got the law on your side. Plus the S&W . Mine is a mod 29 in .44Mag. Dirty Harry would be proud!
​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom