What's new

Technetiks

70monte68

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
806
Reaction score
544
Golden Thread
1
Location
PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Hello,
Anyone like to share there experiences with the t2 limited eddition? Am thinking of picking one up.
thanks,
Don
 
I had the original Teknetics T2. I was disappointed with its performance. Took the machine to hunt the old parks in San Francisco and found out that it did not proform well. I flagged some deep coin signals with my fisher CZ6 (6 to 7 inches) and sweeped the Teknetics coil over the signals and got no responce at all from the T2. Both targets turned out to be coins, one was a wheat penny and the other was a silver rosie dime. A week later I brought the Teknetics dealer who sold me the machine to S.F. and try the same experiment only to repeat the same results. The Teknetics dealer tweaked his T2 every which way and could not get any signals from any coin over 5 inches. Some of the parks in S.F. have "hot" ground, not sure if this was a contributing factor? The T2 Special Edition may have improved electronics? Not sure though. Just my 2 cents.
 
Thats weird I get 8 inch coins easily with my T-2 with the small 5 in. DD coil. The Minelabs don't do any better at all here in North Carolina in red clay. I like Minelabs, Fishers, Whites, Teknetics and Garretts. Every one of these companies make good detectors and they have no trouble at all finding coins in the range you mentioned. Garrett and Whites machines are not as deep here but they still find good stuff. You can try 4 or 5 detectors over the same stretch of ground on any given day and each detector will find targets the other one missed. I know cause I've done it for years. My little Delta pulls coins in the 8 to 10 in. range no problem and its a low end unit.
 
fatheadnc said:
Thats weird I get 8 inch coins easily with my T-2 with the small 5 in. DD coil. The Minelabs don't do any better at all here in North Carolina in red clay. I like Minelabs, Fishers, Whites, Teknetics and Garretts. Every one of these companies make good detectors and they have no trouble at all finding coins in the range you mentioned. Garrett and Whites machines are not as deep here but they still find good stuff. You can try 4 or 5 detectors over the same stretch of ground on any given day and each detector will find targets the other one missed. I know cause I've done it for years. My little Delta pulls coins in the 8 to 10 in. range no problem and its a low end unit.

I tried the same experiment with another top of the line $900.00 machine one of my hunting buddies has in the same park and got the same results. The ground in this park is highly mineralized. My hunting partner could not get any signals on any of the deep coin signals that I could pick up with my 15 year old Fisher. Have you run into this type of ground in North Carolina?
 
Must have had a bad one. The Teknetics T2 works surprisingly well especially on gold signals because of it's higher frequency.

Minelab vs T2 air testing

 
I also bought the T2.Used it two times,and was very disappointed.
It sure didn't live up to all the hype about it >:(
Let a co worker borrow it,and he never returned it :hello2:
And I was okay with that :laughing9:
Went back to my two CZ7 pro's. :headbang:
 
I have owned a T2 SE for about 6 months now, and couldn't be more pleased with it's performance. The first day out, I went over my own yard, (that had been detected to death by me and my other machines), dug up a gold plated pocket watch at 11", a sterling silver ring at 12", and two of the old bronze chinese coins at over a foot. (what in the world they are doing in the middle of nowhere in central Utah is beyond me). I immediately purchased the big 15" coil for cache hunting in the all metals mode, (and have had very good luck with it). My only advice, read the manual! I took it out of the box, turned it on, and found a bunch my first day....now that I have read the manual, WOW!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom