Tejon and function in NW Arkansas soil/ heavy mineralization? Im a newb.

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tejon and function in NW Arkansas soil/ heavy mineralization? I'm a newb.

Hi Everyone......I'm about to purchase a Tesoro Tejon and have read that it doesn't do well in bad soil or soil with heavy mineralization. I live in Northwest Arkanasas. Is this even true? I've read this on the net somewhere from a couple of people..... ? ? ? would I know if the soil is good soil or falls into the "bad soil" category here? Any AR hunters out there that could tell me if the conditions here would be adverse for the Tejon? If so, I've heard the Vaquero might fare better.....or maybe the Fisher 1270 would be a better option?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tejon and function in NW Arkansas soil/ heavy mineralization? I'm a newb.

I don't know how the Vaquero or any detector could do better in heavy minerization when they have ground balance to knock out the minerals. That is the reason for the Ground balance. Minelabs like the Sov GT can handle the minerals well where they can change within a few feet..... I haven't used the Tejon in AR but have used it in northern MI. with no trouble.

OP
OP
Bagman13

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Tejon and function in NW Arkansas soil/ heavy mineralization? I'm a newb.

Sandman said:
I don't know how the Vaquero or any detector could do better in heavy minerization when they have ground balance to knock out the minerals. That is the reason for the Ground balance. Minelabs like the Sov GT can handle the minerals well where they can change within a few feet..... I haven't used the Tejon in AR but have used it in northern MI. with no trouble.

Thanks for the input Sandman......got my Tejon in the mail yesterday.....ground balance is breeze....simple machine.....I love it :icon_thumright: I think I made the better decision to pass over the Vaquero. I really like the dual discrimination of the Tejon. Take it easy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread