Teknetics T2+ vs Teknetics T2SE?

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulse induction with a true discrimination is the rumor. One thing I know First Texas will do right with the new technology is bring ergonomics into the machine/machines better than Minelab did with their new offering. I'm not bashing my 800. I love it actually but my f75 is much heavier and feels so much better to swing!

Funny how that works...I am able to reach around,, over,.. an under vegetation at very odd angles easily with the Patriot at my ol' homesteads.......it's super light...and ergonomics are fine,, really no complaints.
However,..you give me some open ground and ill take the f75 for comfort. It simply has a Cadillac feel,..they're made for swinging,...even over a lighter machine IMHO.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2 series is great. The only drawback in my opinion, is the lack of compatibility with concentric coils and so, having used both the T2 and F75, will be hanging on to my F75 for awhile while the T2 goes up for sale (with plenty of accessory DD coils, lol) to make room for my new Equinox. Why hang on to the F75 if I have an Equinox (and Deus for that matter)? There are some great niche uses for the smaller concentric and DD coils that neither the Deus nor Equinox have available at the moment. Also, I agree, that overall, the balance and user interface ergonomics of the F75/T2/Patriot are the best ever fielded by any detector company. For what it is, the T2 is a solid detector, and is only slightly outclassed by the F75 for the reason I stated above.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny how that works...I am able to reach around,, over,.. an under vegetation at very odd angles easily with the Patriot at my ol' homesteads.......it's super light...and ergonomics are fine,, really no complaints.
However,..you give me some open ground and ill take the f75 for comfort. It simply has a Cadillac feel,..they're made for swinging,...even over a lighter machine IMHO.

To me....the difference between the patriot and f75 is the arm cuff. You can squeeze the sides of the f75 cuff and literally there is no need for an arm strap where as the patriot I always felt like a strap would have helped a lot.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me....the difference between the patriot and f75 is the arm cuff. You can squeeze the sides of the f75 cuff and literally there is no need for an arm strap where as the patriot I always felt like a strap would have helped a lot.

Agree,...after picking both up and doing a deliberate comparison,..the Patriot seems to naturally involve a little more of my shoulder in it's swing...which is fine. While the f75 fits my elbow into a little "cockpit" and it swing involves from my elbow down more so in comparison. Kinda hard to explain but that is apparently what is more comfortable for me. Other things like overall balance of machine..my height and length I have my shafts set up are also at play but the pivot points seem to be the difference for my set-up.

kjernigan

Oct 28, 2012
NC
Detector(s) used
F75ltd/Fisher Coinstrike/ Fisher CZ5/ Minelab Explorer XS/ Minelab Sov/ Teknetics T2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T2+ is not a SE. The SE has DST and a few more options. The Plus can get a little chatty around EMI. Not quiet like my F75LTD. I have both. The T2+ IS A classic with boost added. Not DST, FA, or adjustable iron audio.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also rumors of the new T3 coming out too. May be something to hold out for. Actually not a rumor.....spoke with someone from Fisher labs who said that's in the works.

Coming to from the future june 2021,don't hold your breath for a T3 because will die waiting..Sorry

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coming to from the future june 2021,don't hold your breath for a T3 because will die waiting..Sorry

First Texas is content to keep slapping new paint jobs onto old detectors changing the name and releasing them as if they are a new detector. They've stopped innovating for awhile now. Disappointing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread