Teknetics T2 vs, The Fisher F75

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!
Ive owned and used the T2 for nearly two years and its an all around badass detector for locking onto coins and jewelry at depths of 10 inches plus,Ive dug nickles at an honest 10 inches easy with the T2, Ive heard alot about the Fisher F75 being comparable in depth to the T2 with just a bit more of a learning curve,Is there anyone out there swinging the Fisher F75 this season, And if so how does it actually do on depth and recovery time? Are the signals fairly steady or does it jump around alot on the deeper coins and rings? Ive read about the same amount of good/bad reviews for the F75, I give alot of it away to the user not to the machine but it cant hurt to ask before hand.

Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran a F75 alongside my T2 for several months and kept the T2 only because the wider discrimination down low where its needed for Europe suited the finding of thin hammered silver better.
If I was in the States I would have gone for the F75 because it had the edge on depth and the boost cuts in at better levels...think it is below 5 and and above 20 (discrim. setting). T2 is at 40 plus and 50 plus for the later version.

At some point the T2's performance seems to have been boosted (I assume version 6.5) bringing the performance up to that of the F75. With earlier T2's the performance was similar to that of the F75 in DE mode whilst the JE mode (of the 75) would give you an extra couple of inches if conditions allowed it to be used (its very high gain).

Recovery speed seemed the same to me. Both meters jump around on my ground.

Tests reports may vary as I've seen hot and cool examples of both models which would lean me towards buying from a local dealer rather than say E-Bay.

OP
OP
Lucky13

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
U.K. Brian said:
I ran a F75 alongside my T2 for several months and kept the T2 only because the wider discrimination down low where its needed for Europe suited the finding of thin hammered silver better.
If I was in the States I would have gone for the F75 because it had the edge on depth and the boost cuts in at better levels...think it is below 5 and and above 20 (discrim. setting). T2 is at 40 plus and 50 plus for the later version.

At some point the T2's performance seems to have been boosted (I assume version 6.5) bringing the performance up to that of the F75. With earlier T2's the performance was similar to that of the F75 in DE mode whilst the JE mode (of the 75) would give you an extra couple of inches if conditions allowed it to be used (its very high gain).

Recovery speed seemed the same to me. Both meters jump around on my ground

Tests reports may vary as I've seen hot and cool examples of both models which would lean me towards buying from a local dealer rather than say E-Bay.

Thanks for all your input,Its much appreciated. The f75 im interested in is the SE because of the boost process. Ive heard the same from alot of others about the f75 as well. Id given alot of the bad reviews of this detector away to user error because two years ago ppl were saying the same thing about the T2,Now its hard to find a bad review about the T2. Thanks and HH

OP
OP
Lucky13

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
F75 = so far,so good,My only complaint is that the air gap on this thing sucks,I can hold my t2 five or six inxhes above the ground and it`ll still sound off on the target thats four or five inches down,The f75 doesnt have this capability,the air gap on this thing is about two or three inches on a solid target. Bu it still gets the goods.If you hunt heavily wooded areas i recommend you stick with a t2.But thats just personal opinion.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either machine in boost more makes the air gap problem not a problem at all. In fact they seem to work better with a air gap. The boost mode allows you to hunt in tall grass or anywhere you cant get coil to the ground and not lose detection depth. Great feature First Texas has on these two machines.
Holler if you guys have any questions! Thanks, Bart

OP
OP
Lucky13

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
stoopstroop said:
Either machine in boost more makes the air gap problem not a problem at all. In fact they seem to work better with a air gap. The boost mode allows you to hunt in tall grass or anywhere you cant get coil to the ground and not lose detection depth. Great feature First Texas has on these two machines.
Holler if you guys have any questions! Thanks, Bart
I have only had the F75 for a few days and i can say that its a damn good detector its just not as user friendly as the T2 at first. I started running the sensitivity at 5 and it defiantly hits harder on the deeper targets and its alot easier to understand the tones on what im digging for. Plus my opinion of the F75 is biased because of the luck ive had with the T2. Im defiantly not saying first texas is doing a bad job with the F75,I just need to learn the machine a little better.Give me a few weekends out with it and i`ll get back to you guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread