Templar Research

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do not believe the Bible about Adam and Eve nor Noah and the Flood. How did Noah's Ark get over 14,000 feet up on Mt. Ararat? Did you know the bodies of Adam and Eve were on Noah's Ark. I sure hope something is dug up at Oak Island that verifies everything written in the Bible. Then you may not still believe? You would believe the Lagina Brother's made it all up.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whew. There is no evidence of an Ark on any mountain. No evidence of a Great Flood (where did the water come from and go to?) I suppose you can state the bod of Adam was in it. Also definitively state with equal conviction that Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the Tooth Fairy were aboard, with Gilligan and Skipper..

Adam's bones (if he was the proto-humanoid) would have to be over 5 million years old and, if not fossilized, would have disintegrated to dust. Never was one "Adam" that is the root of humanity.

And who did Cain breed with when he went to Nod and took a wife? So there were people elsewhere on Earth.

But, hey, if that is the Creation Story you go with it is as good as any of the thousands that have been told. Even the various Tribes of Hebrews had several versions, Moses just picked one (borrowed heavily from the Assyrians, Summarians and Babylonians). All have equal validity. Much like Oak Island, I'm working backwards from the evidence. If God did create Man I expect he would want us to learn about our Universe.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You do not believe the Bible about Adam and Eve nor Noah and the Flood. How did Noah's Ark get over 14,000 feet up on Mt. Ararat? Did you know the bodies of Adam and Eve were on Noah's Ark.

Huh? Really? Do you believe in the 4 billion years earth has been around that we are the only people that have ever been here? Ya know , following the bible time line? BC, AD..

What proof is available of the Arc and where did you ever hear A&E were on it? I never heard that before.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great isn't it.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Memento Mori!...Remember...That...You Will Die!

The Church the gentleman stepped out of was the Church of Saint Mary Magdalene.

Church of Mary Magdalene - Rennes-le-Chateau.jpg

It has the Skull and Cross Bones located over one of its doors.

I believe it is from the Jesuits, as above insignia shows J H S

Jesuit - Skull and Cross Bone.jpg

Rennesle chateau.png

By 1050 the Counts of Toulouse held control over the area, building a castle in Rennes-le-Château around 1002, though nothing remains above ground of this medieval structure—the present ruin is from the 17th or 18th century.

It is important to note that this Chateau was rebuilt in the 17th and 18th Century!

The Cross with Skull and Cross Bones...Known as a Pectoral Cross...were very popular with early Christianity...Especially...Jesuits!

Cross with Skull and Cross Bones.jpg Pectoral Cross.jpg

This comes from early Christian beliefs... that Adam was buried under the feet of Jesus at his Crucifixion.

Adam's grave under the feet of Jesus.jpg

A wonderfully detailed and labelled Crucifixion scene from a Spanish illuminated manuscript of the late 10th Century, now in the Girona Cathedral Archive, has names for all the characters involved in the Crucifixion story, depicts the holy grail collecting the blood of Christ, and the tomb of Adam directly beneath the cross of Christ.
https://www.maristmessenger.co.nz/2017/03/01/crucifixes-with-crossbones/

According to...Fr Mervyn Duffy

"What was the significance of Golgotha? The place of the skull? Whose skull?

The Church Father, Origen (184-253) in his Commentary on Matthew 27:32, gave this answer:
Concerning the place of the skull, it came to me that Hebrews hand down (the tradition that) the body of Adam has been buried there; in order that ‘as in Adam all die’ both Adams would be raised and ‘in Christ all will be made alive.’
Despite St Jerome’s opinion that this tradition was ‘doubtful,’ it came to be the accepted Christian wisdom: Jesus was crucified in the same place that Adam, or at least the skull of Adam, was buried. This fitted beautifully with the developing ‘Adamic Christology’ which interpreted Jesus as making right through the Redemption all the things that came to pass through Adam and the Fall.
In art and preaching the Cross of Christ was paralleled with the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and of Evil from the Garden of Eden. There are ancient images of the crucifixion with a snake present at the foot of the cross. Adam and Eve are tempted by the serpent in the Garden, while at Golgotha Jesus defeats both Death and the Devil.
The single skull with a pair of crossed bones became a common feature of crucifixes. It represented the grave of Adam, the name Calvary, and the victory of Christ over death. As a symbol of death, it became the standard symbol for poison. If one were to give up earning an honest living and take up piracy then the Skull and Crossbones was the banner to fight under, representing the antithesis of Christian virtue."

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Church the gentleman stepped out of was the Church of Saint Mary Magdalene.

View attachment 1662471

It has the Skull and Cross Bones located over one of its doors.

I believe it is from the Jesuits, as above insignia shows J H S

View attachment 1662470

View attachment 1662472

By 1050 the Counts of Toulouse held control over the area, building a castle in Rennes-le-Château around 1002, though nothing remains above ground of this medieval structure—the present ruin is from the 17th or 18th century.

It is important to note that this Chateau was rebuilt in the 17th and 18th Century!

The Cross with Skull and Cross Bones...Known as a Pectoral Cross...were very popular with early Christianity...Especially...Jesuits!

View attachment 1662475 View attachment 1662476

This comes from early Christian beliefs... that Adam was buried under the feet of Jesus at his Crucifixion.

View attachment 1662477

A wonderfully detailed and labelled Crucifixion scene from a Spanish illuminated manuscript of the late 10th Century, now in the Girona Cathedral Archive, has names for all the characters involved in the Crucifixion story, depicts the holy grail collecting the blood of Christ, and the tomb of Adam directly beneath the cross of Christ.
https://www.maristmessenger.co.nz/2017/03/01/crucifixes-with-crossbones/

According to...Fr Mervyn Duffy

"What was the significance of Golgotha? The place of the skull? Whose skull?

The Church Father, Origen (184-253) in his Commentary on Matthew 27:32, gave this answer:
Concerning the place of the skull, it came to me that Hebrews hand down (the tradition that) the body of Adam has been buried there; in order that ‘as in Adam all die’ both Adams would be raised and ‘in Christ all will be made alive.’
Despite St Jerome’s opinion that this tradition was ‘doubtful,’ it came to be the accepted Christian wisdom: Jesus was crucified in the same place that Adam, or at least the skull of Adam, was buried. This fitted beautifully with the developing ‘Adamic Christology’ which interpreted Jesus as making right through the Redemption all the things that came to pass through Adam and the Fall.
In art and preaching the Cross of Christ was paralleled with the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and of Evil from the Garden of Eden. There are ancient images of the crucifixion with a snake present at the foot of the cross. Adam and Eve are tempted by the serpent in the Garden, while at Golgotha Jesus defeats both Death and the Devil.
The single skull with a pair of crossed bones became a common feature of crucifixes. It represented the grave of Adam, the name Calvary, and the victory of Christ over death. As a symbol of death, it became the standard symbol for poison. If one were to give up earning an honest living and take up piracy then the Skull and Crossbones was the banner to fight under, representing the antithesis of Christian virtue."

Thank you, robot. It looks as though the painter placed the two thieves on the wrong side of Jesus. The "Devil" has the wrong thief.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Robot when was the church of Saint Mary Magdalene built?

Wikipedia:

"The village church dedicated to Saint Mary Magdalene has been rebuilt several times. The earliest church of which there is any evidence on the site may date to the 8th century. However, this original church was almost certainly in ruins by the 10th or 11th century, when another church was built upon the site—remnants of which can be seen in Romanesque pillared arcades on the north side of the apse. This survived in poor repair until the 19th century."

What is interesting is the Jesuit Emblem (J H S) above the Skull and Cross Bones.

The Jesuits used their emblem ( I H S ) up until the 16th Century when the letter (J) was introduced into our alphabet!

This church as we see...may have been built after the 16th Century.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Petter Amundsen's work is highly questionable and is NOT a dependable source of verification.

Amundson’s work is all fictional......developed in order to sell books......if any of it was true, he wouldn’t be writing books and would own a private island with all the treasure he found.....not unlike the curse of oak island show regurgitating the hoax as done by others several times in the last 200 or so years in order to get INVESTORS’ MONEY....

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Lock and Load!

Do you Even Know...What Pfft...Means?

And the Response It...Deserves?

Pfft.jpg

pfft
/ft/
exclamation
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• used to represent a brief sound such as that made by the passage of a bullet or that of a small, muffled explosion.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"Pfft! Pfft! Pfft! Bullets ricocheted around the room"[/COLOR]
    • used to convey the suddenness of a malfunction, disappearance, ending, etc.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"then pffft, that was the last we heard of them"[/COLOR]
    • used to express a contemptuous or dismissive attitude.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"pfft, I don't know what all the fuss is about"[/COLOR]

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coconut fiber , coir, was a common component in ship construction, it was used as caulking fiber between the planks of the hull as well as other seals where it was desired to keep water tight.
it is also the only natural fiber that is resistant to salt water, so it would have been used right up to the industry use of chemicals and plastics, about the 1950’s
Oak Island still looks like an early ship yard to me.
and this could have happened with or without the Templars.

And dated to the 14th century!

Cheers, Loki

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from OAK ISLAND over to our newly formed FORUM > TREASURE HUNTING > TREASURE LEGENDS > THE KNIGHT'S TEMPLAR.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely wrong! There is evidence in the "coconut fibre" that has been identified and dated to the correct time period. Although there is some questions as to how the identity and dating of the material was accomplished and perceived it is still evidence, (notice I didn't say proof). If it is ever actually proven to be coconut fibre and the dating of the material to be fairly accurate I would call it very solid evidence indeed. The facts are, first, that coconut fibre did not grow naturally anywhere in the Atlantic Basin (according the consensus of most experts) until introduced by Europeans in 1499, well after the time period in question. The only known origin that could possibly have a connection to the Northwestern Atlantic in the correct time period (without wild speculation in 14th century Chinese exploration) would be from the Eastern Mediterranean. The only people trading in the Eastern Mediterranean and traveling the length of that sea and into the Atlantic was the Knights Templar. Those that say what about the Norse are greatly mistaken, check your datings! Also, it is well known that several Templar vessels (the number of 18 has been used) left the Port of La Rochelle in 1307 and disappeared. And, btw the Knights Templar controlled La Rochelle since 1139. Another point is that the Templars, at the time (1307) had a good reason to disappear, which many did with, after the arrests of 1307, some 2500 unaccounted for in France alone.

I would call on anybody who can to have the coconut fibre positively identified through dna and that particular sample dated. I know there is a sample in the Oak Island Museum of which I was offered a little to test many years ago. At the time I didn't think any of this would go on this long, and I also had accepted the testing already done as accurate.

Cheers, Loki

The coir has been 1000% debunked and is no longer relevant in any discussion regarding hoax island...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many searchers have found and had it tested for the coconut fiber to not be real. Doesn't mean there is treasure or flood tunnels of course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions