What's new

Tesoro and silver?

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Which Tesoro model tends to find more silver? I understand, frequency plays a large role. Vaquero? Silver U max? Other current model? What is everyones thoughts and or experiences?
 
I would have to say that it all depends on the area your hunting. If you have the discrimination set right ( I usually keep mine around "foil" ), you should have no problem pulling silver from the depths. If there's no silver to be found though, that's a different story. I have been to sites (old) that you would think silver SHOULD be found - but upon further research, have come to find that the area may have been very poor (economically). I actually have many sites like this that just don't produce much silver, if any, at all.

As far as what machine is best - I would say you have a great shot with any of the Tesoros. :thumbsup:
 
I have found alot of silver jewlery, and silver coins with my Compadre. I dont think I would have done better with another machine, of any brand. I love my Compadre, and I have owned many different machines in the past.
 
Any Tesoro will find you silver, but it all depends on where you're hunting and if you swept your coil over it. I have an old baseball field from the early 1900's I hunt and had never found silver there until just recently. One silver dime and I've hunted this field for a few years. If it's not there you're not going to find it with any machine.
 
Thanks for the replies, its much appreciated. I am new to Tesoro and love what I have so far and have already ordered another. Happy hunting and if there is any more input, feel freee to join in. Thanks
 
Any Tesero will find you silver.
My old Golden Sabre would give me a nice warm tone when hitting Silver.
 
Ive had a Compadre for a few weeks now and can say i like it alot.Its very sensitive to small metals.Have no doubt it will find Rings jewlry etc .Have found manny coins and some interesting trinkets so far.Depth is excelent very easy to adjust very light wait. Price is very reasonable too. Honestly think you cant go wrong with the Compadre or the Silver umax.Good luck :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom