What's new

Pin pointer rcommendation please

Digger54

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
659
Reaction score
889
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I will be the first to admit that I have a tendency to be old school and had always balked at using a pin pointer instead waving dirt in front of my coil was my method. Of course I'm the same one who once spent about half an hour chasing a signal under a large Pine tree root digging a massive hole only to find out it was a buck shot laying in the crease on top of the root. :laughing7:

My downfall may have been trying out the cheap H.F. pin pointers which were shite.

Not meaning to start a taste great/less filling argument but looking for a quality pin pointer for my fall digging. I read that Garrett makes a great pointer referred to as the Garrett Carrot but notice there is more than one model.

I have a Manticore detector and price not an issue. When recommending brand, please include model name/number. Thanks.
 
I like my Garrett a lot. I literally wore the previous one out (the tip wore though). I epoxied it up (still worked okay), and gave it to a friend who didn't have one. There is even a 15% off sale at Garrett if you're interested.
 
I like my Garrett a lot. I literally wore the previous one out (the tip wore though). I epoxied it up (still worked okay), and gave it to a friend who didn't have one. There is even a 15% off sale at Garrett if you're interested.
Thanks. Big Boys has it in stock and at a great price. Will likely go with them unless another brand model is considered.
 
The last carrot I bought was listed as used but in perfect shape on EBay for $85 shipped. Works great.
Beware of the China fakes!
 
I always carry extra batteries for both the tector and pointer. Actually, I carry an extra pin pointer and sometimes have an extra detector as well.
 
I always carry extra batteries for both the tector and pointer. Actually, I carry an extra pin pointer and sometimes have an extra detector as well.
Just like firearms, better to have and not need then to need and not have.
 
Had a garrett carrot but sold it, I love my whites TRX (not made anymore)... also the XP MI6 is a nice one, a friend of mine has one, works nicely
 
Just ordered a carrot, thanks for the responses.
 
Some people just never figure out how to detune the Garrett and get frustrated with it. Used properly, I don't see how any other brand can do any better.
 
I recently got the Nokta Accupoint, and like it a lot. It's rechargeable and has a selectable option for two separate audible alerts for ferrous and non-ferrous targets.
 
My regular hunting buddy has the Garrett carrot, but, my XP Mi4 finds targets his carrot won't. If you have the Deus2 get the MI6 so you can pair it to your headphones. Otherwise, get the Mi4. It's also rechargeable, so, you won't need to keep buying batteries for it like the Garrett.
 
XP mi-4 ............. second to none... Garrett ?? 20 years ago maybe.. Nokta, rubbish..
The XP is sensitive, ergonomic, tough but soft feel... recharge lasts days of hardcore use.. is slimline too, I love mine, have had all of them.. Got a Nokta pinpointer in my Legend kit,, no wonder they are giving them away,, used it once..
The Mi-6 is more expensive than the Mi-4 but it adds connection to the detector etc.. not needed really.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom