Tesoro Mojave Back To The No Trespassing Site

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This site has given up 14 pieces of silver, but none today. I hunted the back yard hard and got as close to the fence as I could without getting Mr. Dog pissed at me. I found a bunch of wheat pennies, nickels and clad coins, but as hard as I tried I could find another silver coin in that yard to save my life.

It was time to move on to the permission that I got next door. Just as I got started detecting it a car pulled up in the driveway next door and a girl out and before she could get her door unlocked I was racing towards her, yelling hey there!

I introduced myself and said I guess you've seen me detecting other people's yards up and down the street and that I'd like to have your permission to detect your yard. She said that there's nothing out there that belongs to her. Confused I asked if she was renting the home. She said oh no that the home belongs to her and that she has lived there for over 16 years, but she hasn't lost anything, but I'm welcome to look. I said thank you, handed a her a key chain light and said this is little gift for being so sweet. She thanked me and said that she has been wanting one of those.

I started my grid search in the yard closest to the public sidewalk. First target that I recovered was a wheat penny. The second target that I recovered was a 1947 Rosie dime. I haven't gone 5 feet and my first two targets are good. I'm pumped!

Well it went down hill from there. I couldn't find anything but wheat pennies, nickels and clad coins. As I was still digging, the girl got in her car and drove off leaving a total stranger digging in her yard. I gave her a big wave goodbye.

Tired and wore out I decided to leave the grassy area between the sidewalk and curb for another day. Besides I got the whole yard next door to detect and it going to take at least two days to cover it all properly. That back yard is huge and I can't wait to detect next to the old clothesline that I saw back there.

I'm still thrill how well the Mojave works up close to house were most all the nails are located. I used to avoid those areas, but not anymore. I ended up finding 63 modern coins, 19 wheat pennies and one lonely 1947 Rosie dime.

tabman

Attachments

• Mojave One Rosie 001.JPG
    Mojave One Rosie 001.JPG
    439.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Mojave One Rosie 002.JPG
    Mojave One Rosie 002.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Mojave One Rosie 003.JPG
    Mojave One Rosie 003.JPG
    294.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Mojave One Rosie 006.JPG
    Mojave One Rosie 006.JPG
    417.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Mojave One Rosie 008.JPG
    Mojave One Rosie 008.JPG
    354.1 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 12
Nice job with the coins and the permission.The best will come.

The dog stayed inside? Congrats on another great permission day.

Congratulations on another good dig. Looking forward to your next adventure!

Good job tman gotta change your name to silver man LOL Keep up the good work my friend Tommy

Looks like a good day congrats
Thanks! I was a gorgeous day and I had a great time.

Nice job with the coins and the permission.The best will come.
Thanks! I've got the discrimination set low with high hopes of finding a gold ring.

The dog stayed inside? Congrats on another great permission day.
Thanks! Yes, he stayed put and I stayed away from the fence.

Congratulations on another good dig. Looking forward to your next adventure!
Thanks! Where I detect, there's no telling what might happen.

Good job tman gotta change your name to silver man LOL Keep up the good work my friend Tommy
Thanks! I'm having a ball with this new detector. A gold ring is on the menu.

tabman

I bet that silver thought it was safe behind the NO TRESPASSING sign - Little did it know that you had the Mojave! :thumbsup:

That's what a call a productive hunt
WTG

I'd say you had a very nice day detecting! :occasion14:

Pro Tip: Add dog biscuits to your freebie arsenal of keychain lights.

Thanks Everyone! A big heads up, I'm going to be posting a finds thread later on today that's going to knock your socks off big time.
:headbang:Yeah Baby!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back